Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

I hit one guys house today that was a longtime neighbor of my grandma. My dad grew up doing burnouts in his backyard on his dirt bike so it was cool to go visit my old neighborhood.

Turns out the guy never got married or had kids so his money was spent on nice things. To him, nice things came in the form of high end audio equipment.

Unfortunately I was there on the end of this he second day so all the good stuff was gone but I did find owners manual for ADCOM/Nakamichi gear along and some really expensive looking speakers. I don’t remember the name but they were nice.

I was able to pull out 5 records, some with heavy water damage but the records were pristine, a huge pile of Diana Krall cds, 1 sealed Jazz at the pawnshop cd from Europe which fetched a hefty sum, a Nakamichi TM-1/TM-2 alarm clock, a vintage automatic toaster, decanter bottle, safety razor and coin bank. Not bad for 30 bucks

Attachments

• 985CD986-403C-4B16-B72B-D137A300939D.jpeg
    985CD986-403C-4B16-B72B-D137A300939D.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 166
  • BB39203C-BF13-4818-A09D-1C00581B589D.jpeg
    BB39203C-BF13-4818-A09D-1C00581B589D.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 70521F11-2A97-4EB2-A3B5-0DBD2BC71B2B.jpeg
    70521F11-2A97-4EB2-A3B5-0DBD2BC71B2B.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 162
I have always loved my iPod .My first a 2 gig nano that could only carry 500 songs , then to a classic 80 gig that could carry my entire library of music . I liked that, to never have to leave the house without my music. Then after so long you can't update them anymore. Well I looked into a new classic only to find the 7th gen. 160 gig the last one is no longer being made. New ones on the bay are going for crazy money.I'm not paying that kind of money so I just get used to life without it. So I go to a few sales on Thursday and I see a box with 4 classic iPod's in it . Three are older 30 gig ones and there is one 7th gen. 160 gig in like new condition. The sticker on the box said $2 each . I love garage sale season.
I've been on the lookout for an inexpensive iPod classic. If I can get over my hatred of iTunes, it will be very handy for storing all of my music. Good score!

I've been on the lookout for an inexpensive iPod classic. If I can get over my hatred of iTunes, it will be very handy for storing all of my music. Good score!
I have an ipod video classic 5th gen. It was only 30 gb, so I modded it to use a 128gb sd card.

I went out to a yard sale yesterday and there was a case of cassettes priced $2.00.

View attachment 1180534

The funny thing was, the guy selling them said they were in the trunk of his grandmother's Cadillac that he inherited. I would have liked to have met her.
Wow - Granny got down, apparently. I'd be more skeptical if it was an odd eclectic collection, but that is pretty consistent taste. And I like it... :rockon:

Lambda was a top notch brand (just regard it as a high end lab power supply)....It might need some service as a lot of those having the small axial sprague capacitors (having clear plastic sleeving) in them which go bad and if defective they are the culprit in a lot of such Lambdas, at least some old ones I repaired.
If semiconductors go bad Lambda has its own partnumbers which makes replacement component choice a PITA, if getting successful at all.
The ones I repaired were all fixed-voltage ones, without meters but the frames of them were same build quality as on your picture. The ones using those frames were all of exceptional build quality.

If not knowing and you know a tech at your family or friends, have him explain how it works and maybe test it.
If just switching it on and you can tweak the voltage on the meter it is probably okay.
You can always use it as a luxury car battery charger ;)

Thanks for info. I'm not a Technician or the like, so truly not sure what I'll do with it.

That's freakin killer!! Congrats on this one man!!

Thanks!

Both decks work. Need deoxit. The onkyo tx-1500 powers on and lights up. Going to deox everything... Aside from a couple scratches on the cases of the tape decks, cosmetically they are all 9-9.5/10. Its always nice when the original owner took great care of their stuff!

Back
Top Bottom