Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Made my first garage sale stop of the season yesterday. Picked up a GE Superadio. I've always wanted one, and for $2 I couldn't pass it up. A later version, since the AM band extends to 1700kHz. Gonna need some deOxit for sure, and the AM calibration is a little wonky. Pretty close at the low end of the band, gets worse the higher you go. But...any radio that can pull in a 500W daytimer from 140 miles is worth having:)

I only went out this morning to a handful of yard sales in my town due to time restrictions. I bought some CDs and a Godfather DVD box set, but one of the CDs was a home run, a sealed copy of Roger Waters The Wall Live in Berlin. This is a 2 CD and 1 DVD set from Argentina.

004 (6).JPG 003 (5).JPG

I hope it goes well an you can double that! Good luck!!
I advertised from 9-1. I made most of that between 8:45 - 9. I also said everything half off from noon to one. Nobody has shown up yet in that window. This stuff is all crap. It's going from the drive way to the car to Half Price books. None of it is coming back into the house. Frankly I sold a lot more than I expected too.

I'm thrilled it went this well. Originally I was just going to haul it all down there, but I figured what the heck, it's a nice day to sit outside listening to tunes for a while.

Edit: It's over. We made $207 on really valueless media and $60 on a little p-mount Technics I was using to demo the stuff (I got it sans cables for $5 at the thrift). The rest of the stuff is loaded into the car. The cash is cool but being able to walk through my garage again is even better!

Last edited:
More 7" Metal Reel. These thing is getting more expensive than 10"
Reel258.JPG

Kenwood KR-750 receiver - $10 - haven't dug much into it yet but the "A" speaker outputs don't work - probably a fuse

JVC KD-A66 Cassette - Free - untested

New Large Advents - great shape but need foam, probably re-cap - $50

Pioneer PL-A35 TT - $22 - need belt, new stylus for AT11e, Spindle was frozen - cleaned and lubed - had to fab an antiskate counter weight - otherwise great condition - just need to clean it up and get the scratches out of the dust cover.

Back
Top Bottom