Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

You should head back before the dumpsters arrive and grab more stuff. Diodes don't go bad...and who knows what else you may find!
I hear you. I was in a time crunch, given a prior commitment, so I was in grab-and-go mode. There were 3 floor to ceiling bookshelves of electronics related books: reference materials, tube guides, wiring schematics, etc. I did manage to get RCA Receiving Tube Manuals, Heathkit and Hallicrafter Product Guides, Heathkit Tube Tester Manuals, and a handful of records which were also included in the $5 tube crate.

I went on a 6 month self imposed audio acquisition buying freeze to gain some perspective and sell off some gear. 1 week after being back in the game on Memorial Day weekend I got a pioneer sx 434, Marantz 6100 turntable, and a pair of jbl 4313b’s at a garage sale from the original owner. $175 :banana:

Nothing much, but stopped at a sale late in the day today. Pair of Jensen Duette Du-300 speakers for $10.. Of course the original 8" were replaced with radio shack speakers, but they had a pair of working R-106 horns.

Well I don't have any photos but after a long day of caring for a dog that had wondered from its owners and having to drop it off at the shelter my wife and myself just decided to stop at an estate sale on the way home and right there sitting on the ground outside were a pair of Yamaha NS 670s for $40.

Also when we got home we learned that the dogs owners were found and he was back home. Good day all around.

Plus I am going to get to see Asleep at the Wheel for the first time tonight.

Last edited:
Well I don't have any photos but after a long day of caring for a dog that had wondered from its owners and having to drop it off at the shelter my wife and myself just decided to stop at an estate sale on the way home and right there sitting on the ground outside were a pair of Yamaha NS 670s for $40.

Also when we got home we learned that the dogs owners were found and he was back home. Good day all around.

Plus I am going to get to see Asleep at the Wheel for the first time tonight.
I saw them decades ago at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, with the giant sepia-toned portraits of Bob Wills and Johnnie Lee Wills looking over Ray Benson's shoulder, making sure he was doing Western Swing music right (and he was)! What fun!

I went out to a yard sale this morning that was one block from my house. There were about 70 records, all good rock titles, but many of them had the top edge mangled by a cat. I did manage to find some that were in relatively good condition, including a sealed copy of AC/DC's For Those About to Rock.

A short drive away I hit another sale that supplied my oddball cravings. A box of animal skulls, teeth and bird claws for $10.00. They'll be out on my table tomorrow at the flea market. :D

003 (4).JPG 004 (3).JPG 002 (7).JPG

20180609_211118.jpg 20180609_211109.jpg 20180609_211059.jpg

Wooo! Estate sale find. More pics to come in a few. This is after a cleanup. Taking it to my tech for a run-up this week. Paid $60 total for this, a Fisher FM 200-B, and a Knight KG-250 (only the 12ax7s). Pretty damn excited. Not sure, but I think this may be a flip, or I might flip my Scott LK-72b and keep this. All original telefunken 12ax7's, and RCA 7591's. One of the best finds I've ever had. Can't wait to hear this.

View attachment 1208375 View attachment 1208377 View attachment 1208378

Wooo! Estate sale find. More pics to come in a few. This is after a cleanup. Taking it to my tech for a run-up this week. Paid $60 total for this, a Fisher FM 200-B, and a Knight KG-250 (only the 12ax7s). Pretty damn excited. Not sure, but I think this may be a flip, or I might flip my Scott LK-72b and keep this. All original telefunken 12ax7's, and RCA 7591's. One of the best finds I've ever had. Can't wait to hear this.

At an estate sale?! In NJ?! That's almost unbelievable.:)
Nice score!

It was more of an estate cleanout, and I had free reign of the house to myself, but I did not think it was going to be that cheap. I got both of the Fishers variac'd, and the tuner is perfect. It sounds so damn good. Had a bit of a scare with the KX-200, got some smoke, but realized a wire was touching a resistor, and the coating was going up. Recovered the wire with liquid electrical tape, and the resistor tested in-spec, so I'm gonna do some tests tonight with speakers attached. Can't wait to see how it sounds.

View attachment 1208375 View attachment 1208377 View attachment 1208378

Great score. Clean Fishers integrateds are very hard to find. If you have to cash out, I would sell the 200-B and the Knight. Find some replacements for the Fisher branded Telefunkens for an added bonus. I have a lifetime supply of Tele 12AX7's. And for goodness sakes, keep the LK-72B.

Back
Top Bottom