Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Rarely do we have an estate sale here in NH this late in the year but there was one this week. I had not seen one of these before so I grabbed it for $10. Denon Cassettematic 12 cassette changer. I haven't had time to check it out as we got 8" of snow today.

DCM12 - 1.jpg DCM12 - 1 (1).jpg

Rarely do we have an estate sale here in NH this late in the year but there was one this week. I had not seen one of these before so I grabbed it for $10. Denon Cassettematic 12 cassette changer. I haven't had time to check it out as we got 8" of snow today.

View attachment 1332439 View attachment 1332440

Not a jukebox. Not track programmable (but neither was the Wurlitzer C 110 cassette jukebox, which was a legitimate coin operated, cassette tape based jukebox). Sides can be selected or programmed to play. This Denon Cassettematic 12 tape changer is a very interesting machine. Thanks for posting photos of it.

You may be right, just a WAG for me. Good luck figuring it out.
It was a fine guess! I just happened to stumble upon the right search terms to find it.

Still can't find a model like this one.. Made by, All American Mohawk Radio Corp, Chicago IL. Seems to be from 1925ish give or take a few years. It is pretty clean inside, with hardly any corrosion. Seems like it might have been undergoing a restoration. Anyone have an idea of what this might be worth? I'm seeing some neutrodyne radios selling for $75-$300 or so..

Just a bit lucky maybe. You could try to search ePay for Mohawk Radio and look at the sold listings for an idea. At least you're making progress.

For a minute there I thought I was correct, but it seems that you are.

I found this one on ePay: 142602303163

Haha. I was just looking at that one! It looks like a bit of mess.. The one I found is very tidy. I'm thinking its even more likely now that it was rebuilt.

Back
Top Bottom