Weird Al

dfunghi

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
We are on vacation in Iceland and yesterday Weird Al walked by us in the lobby of our small hotel. For sure 100% him. I checked and he is not on tour here. Just vacation. Of course we did not say a word to bother him and none of the people at hotel seemed to have a clue. I am sure he liked being invisible.

BTW Iceland is amazing! Light out all the time and the Sun is out 19 hours a day.

BTW Iceland is amazing! Light out all the time and the Sun is out 19 hours a day.
Beautiful place indeed. I spent a week with family driving the loop road all around the island. Right out of Led Zeppelin's song: We come from the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun, where the hot springs flow.

Toured the Phallogical Museum in Reykjavik, snorkeled icy water at Silfra, snowmobiled a glacier in Vik, took a guided hike across the mighty Vatna glacier where the the ice planet in the movie Interstellar was shot, enjoyed perhaps a dozen incredible waterfalls, whale watched in Husavik and enjoyed some lurid landscapes where some of the volcanic springs are located. We were constantly on the move and the midnight sun helped our travels.

We are on vacation in Iceland and yesterday Weird Al walked by us in the lobby of our small hotel. For sure 100% him. I checked and he is not on tour here. Just vacation. Of course we did not say a word to bother him and none of the people at hotel seemed to have a clue. I am sure he liked being invisible.

Ummmm, Al is not exactly a superstar with rabid fans chasing him down the street.......he may have liked a polite fan coming up to him and saying hi. Over the years I have seen quite a few celebs and when they have not been eating or seeming busy I have shot them a greeting and most of the time received a genuine smile and hello. A few years ago I saw Sammy Hagar outside his Lake Tahoe Cabo Wabo. He was just standing in the hall chatting with another dude. As my wife and I walked by we made eye contact and he smiled and we said "hey" at the same time. I shook his hand and so did my wife......he was a really nice guy. As long as one is nice and polite to the celeb, what is there to lose by saying hi?

Back
Top Bottom