Weird FedEx notification overkill

Montycat

Staff member
Subscriber
Last week I ordered some stuff from Digikey, and yesterday when I got home from work there was a FedEx "attempted delivery" card, which is not unusual as I live in a condo.

I thought the text was a bit unusually strongly worded, emphasizing "final attempt" (it was the first) and you must contact us to make arrangements etc. Ok, but no big deal as I was going to be close to the FedEx office today, about 25 minutes away. So I checked the tracking, saw it was there and did not bother to call or email.

Today at 4 on the dot I picked it up and came home to find 3 new messages on my phone.

The first was at about 10 AM from FedEx with a real person telling me that I had better get in touch and/or pick it up. The second at 10:27 AM was a CS rep from Digikey saying that FedEx was having trouble delivering and I should contact FedEx and arrange access or a pickup. The third was at 4:22 (after I picked it up) and was a robot telling me to get my ass in gear (but in the nicest robotic voice).

Crap, this was almost harassment! And totally way above and beyond what was necessary. I can see the phone reminders in another day or a few, but less than 24 hours after the first attempt? That original card was before 10:30 yesterday. Give a guy a chance, why don't you? :scratch2:

Never had that happen, but they always leave my stuff unless it's something that has mandatory signature requirement.

In some regards I feel for UPS/FedEx. They're damned if they do (leave the package and something happens) or damned if they don't (and the customer has to wait or make other arrangements).

Special Ops Fed-Ex..

Wow... great service... and diligence:thmbsp:!

My FedEx person just drops the package behind the screen door and keeps on trucking... You must have Special Ops Fed-Ex.... :D !

Back
Top Bottom