Weird Taco Night

Zeego

Illegitimi non carborundum
Tacos are probably my favorite thing to eat. Hand held, simple, endless possibilities. Tonight, my lovely wife suggested we have these:

Sweet potato, salmon, black bean and spicy kale tacos.

Made a sweet potato mash of sorts by cutting them in cubes. Roasted them until soft and then pureed them with a tiny bit of salt, pepper, brown sugar, and half n half. The mash was spread on the toasted tortillas, then came the grilled salmon, black beans and a nice pile of spicy purple kale slaw. Slaw was made with a tiny bit of mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, salt, red pepper and Tabasco. They came out delicious.

Ever make any weird tacos? :idea:

taco.jpg

That's the great thing about tortillas....

You can deep fry them in organic coconut oil and make toastados, flat and crunchy with food on them. You can make chips for dip. You can wrap hot food with warm flour tortillas.

And stick them to a window for a full moon effect.
That's the great thing about tortillas....

You can deep fry them in organic coconut oil and make toastados, flat and crunchy with food on them. You can make chips for dip. You can wrap hot food with warm flour tortillas.
moon.jpg

Tacos are probably my favorite thing to eat. Hand held, simple, endless possibilities. Tonight, my lovely wife suggested we have these:

Sweet potato, salmon, black bean and spicy kale tacos.

Made a sweet potato mash of sorts by cutting them in cubes. Roasted them until soft and then pureed them with a tiny bit of salt, pepper, brown sugar, and half n half. The mash was spread on the toasted tortillas, then came the grilled salmon, black beans and a nice pile of spicy purple kale slaw. Slaw was made with a tiny bit of mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, salt, red pepper and Tabasco. They came out delicious.

Ever make any weird tacos? :idea:

View attachment 1033666
A close-minded/judgemental person would pan these immediately with absolutely no thought as to how healthy they are sans the carbs in the tortillas. Salmon is a penultimate source of omega-3 fatty acids and b vitamins, black beans are an excellent source of fiber and potassium, and kale is high in fiber, magnesium, and folate. And, as you've already confirmed, they (the tacos) are delicious to boot. What's wetting my palette is the infusion of salt, pepper, brown sugar, and half 'n' half into the sweet potatoes. Most people simply bake 'em, slit them open, and eat them, assuming they're not coming out of a can "candied" to accompany a Thanksgiving turkey. Excellent recipe and kudos to your wife.

Back
Top Bottom