Welcome Terry Cain

MikE

Color Me Gone
I'm not sure what your motivation was for registering; to explore our site or just to correct David's post on the Voight Pipe. Regardless, it is nice to have you on board and I hope you stick around. And not just because I'm interested in your speakers... it's just that I've always enjoyed speaking directly with audio designers. While you have been most prompt responding to my personal inquiries, perhaps we could share our exchanges in this Forum so others may benefit.

Regarding David's posts. First off, if I'm reading you correctly, you appear only slightly agitated by the "borrowed" speaker design. I think David may have read it another way or maybe I'm just misinterpreting your post. Regardless, I don't think he was in anyway trying to discredit or disrespect your design. That said, I'm not intimately familiar with the Voight Pipe history but it is obvious the striking similiarities between the two designs.

I posted on another forum regarding your speakers and someone replied who also suggested I build my own Voight Pipe with the Lowther driver. Then another person posted a link from "The Lowther Club of Norway" that had plans for the same speaker shown in David's photo. Untill recently I do not ever recall seeing a design that even remotely resembled the "Abby". Hope you stick around or at the very least drop in every now and then.

MikE

Hi, Terry!
I'm a bit more plebian than MikE, but I love the gear, and checked yer site linked in a post.
BEAUTIFUL cabinet work!

welcome aboard, this is a fun place, too, not just extreme endless arguments. These guys (& gals, too!) love the end result, too, and seem to come to the hobby for all the fun & joy the gear and music provide.

pete

thanks Mike

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. The voigt pipe is a great way to go for DIY and good hifi in general. Also a good way to learn about acoustics etc.. I really was'nt worried about the mistaken identity, just simply corecting. My motivation for registering was simply an exchange of fun. The whole hifi thing I am currently enjoying is FUN based. Main ingredient is more fun. Thanks again. TC

Back
Top Bottom