Welcome to Barter Town Preview!

It's almost the same thing over at the Polk Site. Here you pay $25 to be a member. At the Polk site you need at least 100 posts to start to sell stuff in the for sale area and no fee involved.
This is AudioKarma; it has nothing to do with the Polk site and vice versa. Regular membership in AK is free. Please do not lightly brush aside the generosity of the owners and take for granted what is free. Running a site is a huge expense of money and time. There is a wealth of information, assistance and sharing available here. If someone allows you to have dinner in their house every day but asks you to pay if you want to stay overnight, that is their choice.

As for the $25 fee to be a subscriber; unless you have previously subscribed, on what basis can you judge on the value or compare to what is offered elsewhere?

A final comment: please also do not overlook the fact that many AKers value the site and services and choose to subscribe and contribute to making this a popular choice, irrespective of whether they use BarterTown or not. There is value in knowing that the members who do contribute are folks who are willing to support and share; that they are not just a casual surfer looking to offload something and then disappear.

Last edited:
I would like to see the samples of Bartertown but none of the links pdf"s seem to be working. I saw the links ,, thanks ,, but too small to read at least on my Mac.. maybe others can read better.
Many links were broken and files lost when we moved to the new format, so I will post some info here. The attached .pdf is from a single page of one of the sub-categories in BT. The image posted is part of the top level view of BT.

When you open the .pdf you should be able to increase the size to better view the details.

upload_2016-8-4_20-17-49.png

Attachments

• BarterTown_-_Equipment_Audiokarma_2016-08-04_19.58.57.pdf
    469.8 KB · Views: 217
As a subscriber, I use Barter Town to find new homes for things I don't need -- mainly LPs and some accessories, and buy the occasional item. I see it as a hobby more than a business and figure I'm just a notch above breaking even after all the costs are figured in. But fellow subscribers seem happy when they find LPs they want on the lists I post. Also had some stuff to give away and found a fellow AKer nearby who was ready to adopt. Add in the entertainment value of the entire site and the $25 subscriber fee is money well spent.

ok,where do you get on,an pay the 25 bucks an then get to see things for sale etc..ok,come on...simplify.........lead me on........and others who are new to this attempt...........

ok,where do you get on,an pay the 25 bucks an then get to see things for sale etc..ok,come on...simplify.........lead me on........and others who are new to this attempt...........
Use the red "Subscribe" button at the top right of the Audiokarma home page -
or check the link in the first post of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of these VERY old "preview" links seem still good - I get blank screen or error message. So there are really NO Barter Town previews here anymore? In general, there seems to be many VERY old postings on Audiokarma that don't seem relevant anymore. Maybe (only saying maybe) older postings should be automatically deleted to make the forums easier to read??
BT is live and well with constant activity for subscribers. And yes this is a 7 year old thread that got messed up when there was format changes in 2015.

Well, I'd still like to see a/some preview(s) OR would/could someone please reply to my question: Is BT a good (or effective) place to sell vinyl?

Well, I'd still like to see a/some preview(s) OR would/could someone please reply to my question: Is BT a good (or effective) place to sell vinyl?
There is no blanket Yes/No answer - it depends on what you have, how well you describe it, and what folks are looking for when it hits all the market.
Frankly, big stacks of esoteric Classical music are hard to sell in ANY market - often worth more to the Seller than to the random buyer.
Thats not my opinion, other folks have posted that here on a number of occasions.

But, its worth a try -

Here is an image showing the BT Topics available here - Its not clickable - just an image of what's offered here
The "Bartertown - Media" forum is where most folks sell vinyl, CDs, etc ...

BT-Preview_2016-8-4_20-17-49.png

Can I asked the discussion forums if anyone has a part they would be willing to sell? Is that allowed? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Wanted inquiries or For Sale items are required to be in Barter Town.

So in answer to your question, no you can not solicit items from members in other sections.

If it doesn't happen automatically, log out, clear cache and cookies, and log back in, please. If you still have trouble, please write me.

For a peek at previous Barter Town transactions to help understand the type of activity you can check out the completed listings top level index as advised in this AK News thread.

Back
Top Bottom