Welcome to our new room treatment forum

i agree. i noticed that when i first getting more into speaker listening and my music. i decided to put carpet on my cieling and wall behind me in my attic since it's the largest area of this very old house and my main listening spot and of course i got the carpet for free. it was pain in the ass trying to staple them to stay on the crappy drywall even with my heavy duty black N decker staple gun i borrowed. i also did the whole carpet thing cause my attic has zero insulation so putting carpet up will not only improve acoustics but prevent hot air during the summer pouring through the walls forcing my air conditioner to work harder to keep the place cool and keep the cool air trapped.i gotten this idea as well cause i read carpet helps absorb midrange and high frequency reflections.

thing i noticed right away when carpet was put up was a major improvement in the soundstage and stereo image. so much more defined and open. i never heard soundstage like this before from my speakers and the midrange and highs were more natural and clear to my ears. it was worth the annoyance i went through doing the work on my own. i still have some more work to do in my attic cause this house is very old and doesn't handle strong winds very well. and cause of course whoever did the drywall job before i moved in here seem to do a quick job putting it up and didn't do it properly.

Ok guys, this is the welcome thread. If you've got something to say, start a thread and get the ball rolling.
If this is in reference to my post, I misunderstood how this worked, SO, if an admin would like to change my post to a new thread that would be find.

Thanks

Very nice, I like what you've done with the place. :thmbsp:

Scott
Thanks, I'm still moving things about. I'm having to move speakers around a lot as each is affected in different ways by the shape of the room. This experience leaves me scratching my head wondering how people can so easily dismiss various model speakers when room acoustics play such a huge role. Larger than even I had anticipated, but clearly demonstrated with this experience.

Again, if Grumpy or someone who has the ability, could move my post to a new thread that would be great as it would likely do more good that way.

Thanks!

Thanks for the forum! Really looking forward to participating in discussions here.

Room acoustics is extremely important, for sure. But I'd also suggest that people talk about topics that go beyond that. Listening spaces also hold our gear, have lighting, provide power, have furniture, etc. A lot goes into creating the perfect place to sit down and disappear into the music.

Oh, yeah! I am fortunate to have free reign over my mancave, so playing around with room treatment is something worth talking about!

Back
Top Bottom