Well, dang. Grado Black + 8mz revelation

what are ya gonna do when you buy a "real" stylus for it? ;)

I personally like the Z bodies more so than the prestige bodies :thumbsup:

Hey Marc...

I had a ZF3 and the outer sleeves for 2 of the pins came off inside some headhsell wires. Is this fixable? Is it worth it? Right now my 8MZ is inside a prestige green body and sounding pretty great but I seem to recalling a slightly sweeter tone when it was in the Z body.

Hey Marc...

I had a ZF3 and the outer sleeves for 2 of the pins came off inside some headhsell wires. Is this fixable? Is it worth it? Right now my 8MZ is inside a prestige green body and sounding pretty great but I seem to recalling a slightly sweeter tone when it was in the Z body.
this must be a P mount body, never seen sleeved pins on a 1/2" mount body. Do you still have them?

I tried this a while back with my Grado Black, but it didn't work before. The thing all but went straight to the middle, so I actually put the anti-skate weight on the heaviest setting for 2g and above. But for some reason, I decided to try it again tonight, and it actually worked. It's like my mmf-2.2 has a new cartridge on it. I used to think that it wasn't as good a match for the turntable as I had thought it would be when I first put it on, but this has given me pause.

I’m running an original 8mz I purchased in the late 1990’s on my ARXA. The table is stock other than a rewired arm, cleaning and oiling. It sounds really beautiful as it is.
Since the only way to add AS on the AR arm is to twist the wires, it seems best not to borrow trouble.
At some point I’ll send it to Marc, but I’m in no hurry.

Back
Top Bottom