Well, here we are again...

Trekkie4

Retired Member
Hi there! :)

I've been a member of AK for quite some time now, but never got to make introduction thread. Not a proper one, anyway... I'm just a 32yr old guy, re-discovering the amazing world of vinyl & having fun with cartridges. I'm afraid I don't own anything fancy (that would appeal to average audiophile, at least) and to be quite honest, I probably never will due to the state of my vinyl collection, which is probably best with budget carts & styli, rather than MicroLine & S.A.S series. But for what it's worth, it makes me happy & (to my ears, at least) sounds pretty darn good!

Which brings me to another issue... Several months ago I've decided to leave (or take a prolonged break) due to certain members & their attitude towards audio gear. To put it politely, I've had enough of them & reading their posts day after day, so I decided to step away for a while hoping the situation will (eventually) calm down.
Sooo yes, let's give it another, last try. :beerchug:

Hi there! :)

I've been a member of AK for quite some time now, but never got to make introduction thread. Not a proper one, anyway... I'm just a 32yr old guy, re-discovering the amazing world of vinyl & having fun with cartridges. I'm afraid I don't own anything fancy (that would appeal to average audiophile, at least) and to be quite honest, I probably never will due to the state of my vinyl collection, which is probably best with budget carts & styli, rather than MicroLine & S.A.S series. But for what it's worth, it makes me happy & (to my ears, at least) sounds pretty darn good!

Which brings me to another issue... Several months ago I've decided to leave (or take a prolonged break) due to certain members & their attitude towards audio gear. To put it politely, I've had enough of them & reading their posts day after day, so I decided to step away for a while hoping the situation will (eventually) calm down.
Sooo yes, let's give it another, last try. :beerchug:
Stick around and always remember each one of us has our Detractors .. .
Just put them on the ignore list button. ... and as Stiffler said once in American Wedding from the American Pie series
"Phuck them phucker's! " ....

Thanks @electronjohn

Stick around and always remember each one of us has our Detractors .. .
Just put them on the ignore list button. ... and as Stiffler said once in American Wedding from the American Pie series
"Phuck them phucker's! " ....
Yes, and exactly! TBH, I didn't realize that before, the first time... I always assumed that muting & ignoring were exclusive to AK subscribers *shrug* And since I never had to silence anyone before (even on other forums), I entirely overlooked that feature. Oh well, I'm still hoping I won't have to use it, but if it does come to that for whatever the reason, I'm ready!

In a way, I suppose you could say this is my 3rd approach to AK... Long, long time ago I made the account here because I needed to access resources, old pictures & information regarding the certain Akai tape deck. And then I left, didn't even post a single message until recently, around May or June this year. And then I left again due to creative differences, so maybe number 3 will turn out to be my lucky number :)

Welcome back. I recommend trying the "ignore" button on any offending members profile page. Works every time. :thumbsup:

Yes, from what I remember it was all about couple of members who expressed their attitude towards audio gear, and felt the need to say how their choice is superior, where yours or mine are piece of crap for example.

I really don't want to talk about that, not at this point. It's all been said several times & already properly addressed in my previous post(s). I never got into a personal argument however, guess you could say I was ahead of the shock wave. When I realized where is that going to take me, I've decided to back off... Didn't really know for how long, and/or if I'll ever bother to come back, but since I always enjoyed AK & what this community has to offer, here I am yet again :)

Welcome-Back-Kotter.jpg

Welcome Back to AK!

God these threads you keep doing are getting pathetic, they're like you keep looking for some kind of attention. There is a 250,000 membership here, your going to run into all sorts of people and behaviors get over it. Do your thing and don't worry about it, if you don't like what others have to say put them on ignore and your more than welcome to start with me. But three months ago you where stomping your feet say good by and complaining about the same thing, here you are back again complaining about the same thing.

Guess what nothing has changed except you haven't posted here for 3 months.

Yes, from what I remember it was all about couple of members who expressed their attitude towards audio gear, and felt the need to say how their choice is superior, where yours or mine are piece of crap for example.

I really don't want to talk about that, not at this point. It's all been said several times & already properly addressed in my previous post(s). I never got into a personal argument however, guess you could say I was ahead of the shock wave. When I realized where is that going to take me, I've decided to back off... Didn't really know for how long, and/or if I'll ever bother to come back, but since I always enjoyed AK & what this community has to offer, here I am yet again :)

Whatever gets your toes a tappin, it's all good.

Welcome back to AK.

Just consider the source. Different folks with different strokes and some that just croak.

Q

Back
Top Bottom