Well, I just had 4 of the best beers ever...

FWIW -- Boston is poised to suffer from a case of bombogenesis (a/k/a explosive cyclogenesis) tonight, it seems.

-10 with windchill in SE Iowa tonight. On the beer front I'm enjoying first a Sam Adams Boston Lager and a cold Bud. My fav is from the oldest brewery in the world, Weistephaner (sp). Est 1040

...with a nice steak dinner. St. Feulliens ale, est. 1165. I couldn't even find a pic on the internets to post. Shee goog.

These days you can find everything on the internet.

Except for the definition of Siderodromophiles.

st-feuillien-brune-reserve-85-13l.jpg

...with a nice steak dinner. St. Feulliens ale, est. 1165. I couldn't even find a pic on the internets to post. Shee goog.

Yumbo. Did you enjoy in a wide mouthed goblet glass? Never had one of these. Lately, I've been drinking old school European beers. Getting tired of craft beers of the modern age. They're good but I find more satisfaction in beer recipes that are hundreds of years old. Oh boy, I sound like an old man. :rolleyes:

Yumbo. Did you enjoy in a wide mouthed goblet glass? Never had one of these. Lately, I've been drinking old school European beers. Getting tired of craft beers of the modern age. They're good but I find more satisfaction in beer recipes that are hundreds of years old. Oh boy, I sound like an old man. :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

:thumbsup:

I have a few of these glasses.
20141104091101st-feuillien-blond_tripel_glas.jpg

In all my US beer wanderings I have never run across a St. Feullien beer on tap.

Even checking the TapHunter site tells me I am out of luck.

Actually, what it tells me, Heads up! St-Feuillien may not be available near you. Follow this beer to get notified when it's available nearby, try searching in a different area, or discover some similar beer.

Maybe I will have to mail order a couple of bottles.

https://www.belgianstyleales.com/category/shop-st-feuillien-abbey-ales

(just here to help keep zombie beer threads alive)

Well, if you're ambling through FL anytime, Jax in particular, give me a heads up and I can have Steve at Kickbacks pull a keg out of his secret vault to tap. I don't know of any other place, offhand, that could accommodate that wish. Maybe The Trappe Door in Greenville, SC. But, just maybe.

Back
Top Bottom