Well it was 2 am,....

Thatch_Ear

Addicted Member
And I decided to do a search under Ham Texas. Got up at 6:45, drank a cup of coffee and Metro'd across Dallas to a Ham Fest in Irving. Found a quad of 813 RCA NOS NIB JAN 52-56(packaged and accepted) for all the money I had including the cash I stole from Julia's purse on the way out. $62 or $15.50 ea.
Found a 6J5/813 SE amp schematic, so I guess I'll just have to save up for some iron from Hammond.
813s are not the most expensive of the big transmitting triodes but that was a good deal.
I needed a "buy". Sorry GF, no 10Ys

cool thatch (and thanks too) ...I never thought about looking for Ham Fest in my area, to buy tubes...I'll look into that :D

<www.ixquick.com> May your searches be fruitful. I marked the calander for ones in Texas for the rest of the year. Looks to be a big one in Austin Aug 6th. Lets party!

I guess I should check Okla too. Okla City is closer than lots of places in Texas. 375 mi or so to Amarillo and 500 to ElPaso.

I drove a car I bought in LA home to Dallas, got real excited about being back in Texas, but when I got gas in El Paso I found I had only gone a bit over half way. Ever notice how small cars shrink when you travel? I swear that 68 510 was half the size at the end than when I started.

I better check the date for the one in the Houston area, Fred can find us some treasures.

Back
Top Bottom