Well now, That's an interesting find. REVOX B790

I have one of those. Really nice turntable when they are working properly. First time I have ever seen the original packaging. Do you have the tonearm cover?

Cool. So the cart stylus rides out across the LP on the trapeze thing. It must all swing out of the way so you can change the record?

I have one of those. Really nice turntable when they are working properly. First time I have ever seen the original packaging. Do you have the tonearm cover?

Yes, I have the clear cover.
The lift sticks a little so I have the cover off to give it a little help. Probably sticky from non use.

There are elastic bands with the paperwork.
I think they are the original bands for securing the head shell.

I even got the stylus cover.
45 adapter present.

It’s cool to watch.

I used to be a big fan of linear tables, but in 2017, the extra complexity in resurrecting them fills me with dread. Glad yours is working; I would 've definitely grabbed it, anyways......were did you find it? Thrift, or pawn?

I used to be a big fan of linear tables, but in 2017, the extra complexity in resurrecting them fills me with dread. Glad yours is working; I would 've definitely grabbed it, anyways......were did you find it? Thrift, or pawn?

I have a couple of Revox tables. Pleased with both. Curious about the "complexity" reference. re-cap the power supply, re-wire, etc. Same as most vintage tables.

Recycle pile.

WA state has an e-cycle law
We are not supposed to throw electronics in the trash.
I am connected up with a recycler.

Audio row in Seattle had to move because of some public works thing.
This must have come from a backroom clean out.
Hard to say. I get pallet loads of audio stuff to test, trash or clean and fix and flip.
I split with the recycler.

It's a full time (side) job that is an ass buster for about minimum wage but I find some treasures and get to play with all sorts of things.

Don't dream that it's a fun thing.
The recycler sorts out tons of crap and piles up what may be worth more than scrap.
Scrap is pennies.
I process tons of crap and scrap or trash a lot. I have dumpsters in my driveway.
The recycler hauls the trash back and dumps the real trash (wood speaker boxes) and has a massive dumpster for steel and plastics.

The little business has taken over my basement and 2 bays of the garage and other outside storage. Just the packing stash is a garage bay full.

Its a funky business. Like gold mining. You have to deal with a lot of hard dirty work to find gold.
99% of the stuff I get would not and does not interest AK people.
99% of the stuff that sells is not of interest here.

And flipping on eBay means exposure to buyers, who are people, and some people are not worth the air they breathe. And eBay is a true first class, cast iron bitch.

It's a hard road.

But, once in a while, something wild shows up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom