Well; that was trippy...

JesusChrysler

...drives a Dodge ; )
...so I was at my Dad's today helping him hang some pictures and he told me his stereo isn't working right; so I took it home and gave him a receiver to keep him in tunes.

His rig is stuff I gave him years ago; he likes vinyl and he goes to Goodwill and buys all the albums we are sick of seeing and make fun of. :)

Anyways; so now I have a Toshiba SB-m56 Stereo Amplifier back in my possession. A friend gave it to me 7 years ago. It was my first amp. It is quite possibly the ugliest amp in existence. No, really.

I just Googled the model # for some info. What did I get? My post on AudioKarma asking about information on it from 7 years ago.

Freaky.

Matt

I had a similar experience looking for info on my Dad's Toshiba turntable. Must be a Toshiba thing.

To paraphrase Joni Mitchell:

And the platters they go 'round and 'round
And the modded tonearms go up and down
We're captive on the turntable of time
We can't return we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game.

don't feel bad. I posted for info on my onkyo receiver years back and same thing, not a reply until someone actually asked me my opinion on purchasing the identical model. I intantly replied to the person with my opinion ,however if your hoping to get info from these people on ak,it's hit and miss with an unlikely never hear anything,ever..I'm actually picking up the receiver today after someone went through it extensivlly and repaired the voltage cap and the board where the stuff leaked on it.After spending 35$ and waiting forever at a local shop,someone sold me a nad to hold me over and I took it to his guy that was able to repair it properly or so I hope.No real reputable repair places here in Halifax ns,and the person that repaird it is working for the air force and know's his stuff.i got lucky after no others offered any help whatsoever.good luck.ec

I find the same thing when I do a google search for images and see pictures of my stuff all over.

That's what makes AK a great place. Either it reminds you had great stuff or like some bad high school cologne you wore and thought that was the sizzle, on a second look many years later.... ATROCIOUS. AK does not lie...:D

Back
Top Bottom