Well This Sucks

I think I have found a suitable replacement:

60208600_zps4pwuzv3o.jpg

How does that one compare mileage/option wise to your old one?

Personally, I'm over black cars/trucks and wouldn't take a red one myself. YMMV though.
Is your insurance company aware of all the added gear you had on your old one?

How does that one compare mileage/option wise to your old one?

Personally, I'm over black cars/trucks and wouldn't take a red one myself. YMMV though.
Is your insurance company aware of all the added gear you had on your old one?

Mileage would actually be better. The Cummins diesel does better than the 6.4L gas HEMI engine.

It's been a long while since I've had a red one so that's my choice.

Yes, my insurance company is aware of the aftermarket items. I scanned and sent them a copy of my receipts for all of it, then talked with the adjustor. Since they decided to total it, I fear I may have some hard negotiations soon to settle on a final value. But, I know the numbers and I'm ready for the discusson.

Glad you're ok...so, here's my story. Girlfriend and I were driving in my 6 month old 2007 chevy 1500 long bed. We had stopped for a light and were on the inside lane of a 4 lane city street. The light turns green, and I start to go. Out of nowhere a 1990's era chevy truck coming the opposite direction in the outside lane crosses over, glances into a car waiting to turn left and rams into my left door. He hit me so hard that it snapped my left collar bone and knocked the wind out of me. The impact also caused the right rear tire on my truck to come off the rim, and his left front frame rail was bent up 90 degrees. His truck had a lift kit. If we had been in my Camaro or my girlfriends Mazda 626, ida been a dead man, and her probably also..of course, he had no insurance, suspended license, etc.....
I hope your insurance does you right as mine did. Initially, the insurance guy mentioned just a new cab but I told him the frame is bent as we could not open the passenger door. They actually wrote me a check for more than what I had paid out the door in august. I think I had about 6,000 miles on it .

Wow, what makes things like this so bad is you had no chance to avoid. But, machines can be replaced, people can't. I hope they got the guy who did it. Most of those guys run when they wreck.
That being said, I know how much those trucks cost, I have a similar value vehicle and had to buy gap insurance just to ensure I could afford to take the loss if I did in fact ever total it.

The other guy stayed at the scene and acted pretty responsibly. Hopefully I can wrap this all up next week.

Stuff. Just stuff. Very PRETTY stuff, but happy to hear you're okay. Sorry man, local asshats set my own pickup on fire in 2012, nearly 5 years ago. Yeah. On fire.

And it was paid for.

Been there.
A few years ago a kid ran a stop sign a block from my house, hit another car and they both smacked me. If it was billiards id say great shot.
The perpetrator's remark afterwards - don't tell my parents, they won't let me drive their car.

That sucks, Michael....but in the end, you are okay and that's all that matters.

Thanks, Dan. It's such a hassle but, hey, I get another new truck! ;)

Stuff. Just stuff. Very PRETTY stuff, but happy to hear you're okay. Sorry man, local asshats set my own pickup on fire in 2012, nearly 5 years ago. Yeah. On fire.

And it was paid for.

Had that happen to me and a 300ZX.

Wow man...glad to hear everyone was okay.

It's good your getting new vehicle, they never run straight again and get all loose and noisy.

I put a deposit down on this one last night:

20170328_130938_zpslhai3vlh.jpg

Now all that's left to do is finalize the settlement on the 2014 Ram and wrap up the purchase of this one. Soon, I hope!!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the news, that was a sweet truck. How are you feeling after having some time since the accident? Any new aches or pains that didn't present themselves before?

Best of luck with the new ride! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom