Went back to using my Kenwood KA-7100:

chet69

and I think it holds up against any of my other amps for good sounding music! :banana:

In fact, I may prefer it to even the Supreme 600 and 700M. :scratch2:

Nice to hear from someone with similar taste. :thmbsp:
I picked up TWO 7100s in the last three months - each with a matching 7500 tuner - without going broke.

:scratch2:
Now, I'm waiting for a 9100 to pounce on...

As EW posted once "eBay pretty much runs on used KA-7100s"or something to that effect. One of my favs. Cheap, easy to work on, and very good looking!

No need to hold on to those supremes then! Put them in barter town :) Ohh, and take a picture of the protection board connectors while you are at it for my thread :p

I bought this amp about a year before I started getting into buying vintage amps.

When I first got it one of the channels kept dropping out. I didn't know about this forum so I didn't know about De-Oxit and cleaning the pots/switches.

So I put it away for over a year. :no:

Then I think I asked someone about the problem on another internet forum and they steered me here. I read about cleaning the amps out and got it working again.

Then...I read about all the higher power amps and had to try them out too. :D

They're all good but I hadn't used the KA-7100 for almost two years. I had to go back to compare it to the amps like the Sansui AU-717/Kenwood 600/700M I have been using for the past year.

I just didn't expect the KA-7100 to hold up as well as it's doing.

It's just a bargain- even if you might have to get it fixed. Kenwood should reissue these amps. :banana:

I bought mine new when I was in college. Still have it and have never had a problem with it. I wish I had kept the box, though.

Back
Top Bottom