Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by Alobar, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Alobar

Alobar Pulling out of the Last Chance Texaco.. Subscriber

First my little remote Alaskan town (pop 2500) got a micro brewery. Huge success!

Then we got a micro distillery. again huge!

Last summer some enterprising woman opened our first legal weed shop, directly across the street from the cruise ship dock.. Smart girl! :)
    I have avoided this last vise store for all these months but the other day I was remembering how pot got us through those crazy long Fairbanks AK dark, f-ing cold ass winters back in the 70s and 80s. Things are getting just dreary enough here this winter i thought what the hell so looks like, I'm back in after 30 years of abstaining!

I couldn't believe the variety in the shop! There must have been 20 or more choices on the list, graded by a bunch of unfamiliar factors I never had the slightest idea about.

Anyway I wasn't prepared to know what I wanted so had to ask, and got good recommendations including some medical marijuana for my wrist aches which has helped!

But my stereo now, damn it does sound good with a little buzz! I had forgotten! Better than a new dac with an extra zero on the price!

Anyway, to all those in legal states, help me out here, all these strains with crazy names, are they standardized or isn't legal weed that far yet? For instance, I bought an 8th of something called Gummy bear, 17%thc. If I were in WA or OR, would I able to buy the same thing as my hometown pot shop has? What are the names? I googled it and found some including the medical stuff i got but didn't see gummy bear anywhere.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8642 Subscriber

I swear ... amateurs!! ;-}

Gummy Bears is a gooey hybrid with sweetness and potency. By combining Trueberry crossed with a Strawberry Banana x Blackberry hybrid) with the citrus sovereign Big Lemon, Gummy Bears achieves a unique array of colored leaves and outstanding resin production. The flavor has been described as “berries soaked in lemonade,” and the strain acts as a mid-level hybrid that doesn’t tug too hard toward sedation.

And ya ... most shops will have a standard selection as well as their own unique blends. There's also a chance they've tried growing their own from seeds cultivated from some of the named types that went mule, which is pretty much a crapshoot when it comes to quality and yield. They're supposed to be upfront about that sort of thing, so all you gotta do is hope some former used car salesman isn't running your local shop with a boyhaveigotadealferyou attitude.

3. BassKulcha

BassKulcha Cathode Follower

I think I like this thread already!

:lurk: (Lurking, but now with the munchies...:D)

darkblue94, Snow, bjlefebvre and 5 others like this.
  4. Alobar

This lady seems to be very professional and friendly at the same time. I understand what you are saying, but getting a bad reputation with a small town that's quite isolated from the rest of the world probably wouldn't be the best idea. I'm not absolutely certain but I have to believe that they are also the growers in that all forms of transportation of pot from other towns would be illegal here.

The 3 main ways into here are sea, (coast Guard is fed and with the Fed it's still illegal). The airport here is faa so that's the same deal. There is one road out and 40 miles is the Canadian border which shouldn't be a problem because it's legal in Canada but the US customs will bust you.

Hobie1dog and UncleBingo like this.
  5. 432HzBob

432HzBob Addicted Member

Same here. California.
    It's worse than the cereal aisle at the grocery store!!!

darkblue94, Snow, Hobie1dog and 4 others like this.
  6. E.Man

E.Man Super Member

Oh... Ganja, not garden weeds.

Have to smuggle 0% thc medical CBD oil in from the UK as essential oils here.

Bloody backwards land.

7. Daddy Bone

Daddy Bone Member

This vinyl habit is the worst. I'm sitting in a dimly lit room, just me and the needle.

I can't afford weed!

8. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger AK Subscriber Subscriber

ooba tooba, leftside and elcoholic like this.
  9. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Lunatic Member

Thankfully tobacco growers in my state are converting to hemp. My next door neighbor moved here from California to head up the hemp program. That said I expect SC to be the last state to legalize marijuana. Too many here view it as a "gateway drug".

Alobar likes this.
  10. Gibsonian

Gibsonian AK Subscriber Subscriber

Will be neck and neck in holdout with my state, Iowa. Am guessing neighboring states Illinois and Missouri will have it though before long.

Alobar likes this.
  11. mfrench

mfrench Addicted Member

Y'all smoke weeds? dandilions? milkweed?
    I've heard that cannabis is good. But *weed? really??

*An extremely disrespectful title for a noble herb.

12. ZebraBlvd

ZebraBlvd AK Subscriber Subscriber

I agree french. But weed is easier to say than cannabis sativa when you were purchasing it in the earlier days. I myself like to call it Mary Jane. Here again, much easier to say than cannabis sativa. Plus the girl I was dating at the height of my smoking days was Mary Jane Logan, true story.

13. nedseg

nedseg AK Subscriber Subscriber

Oh Argh. Just Aaargh.... you lucky debil' :beatnik:

Dingman and Alobar like this.
  14. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

Wait 'til science gets a hold of this "crop".

15. mfrench

mfrench Addicted Member

Never once, since the days of stems and seeds sending you to prison, have I used the easier term for it. I use a triangle scuffle hoe on weeds.

16. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8642 Subscriber

toot!

[​IMG]

darkblue94 and winters860 like this.

17. 2526

2526 AK Subscriber Subscriber

darkblue94, Snow and Alobar like this.
  18. quaddriver

quaddriver 120 What's per channel Subscriber

weed shop? why wouod anyone buy weeds? I spend a lot of money on scotts et al to get RID of weeds...certainly dont wanna buy them...

Alobar likes this.
  19. TenTea

TenTea New Member

Dudes on ludes shouldn't drive, man!

Oh wait...wut?

I found a banana but not a lemmon... :banana:

[​IMG]

20. Alobar

Agreed, but understand that I last used this cannabis was 30 years ago, and back then it was much less noble in the publics eye than it has become today. As for disrespectful titles I always thought (even 40 years ago) that the term 'pot' was a little, if not disrespectful, at least a little derogatory. But I still call it that, old habits die hard!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Snow likes this.