Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

No it will not, it will alter my mind and I will relapse into anything that alters my mind. I know that's hard for someone to understand who has been using, and maybe using their whole life. Being normal, well is normal for our bodies and mind, one looking to change that is trying to suppress something in their mind.
You might be surprised how much nicotine alters the mind:
https://www.verywellmind.com/nicotine-addiction-101-2825018

You might be surprised how much nicotine alters the mind:
https://www.verywellmind.com/nicotine-addiction-101-2825018
Yes I'm an addict, coffee and cigarets are a vice. Hardly the same mind altering that drugs and alcohol do to suppress emotions and feelings. Remember I have been on both sides of the fence, my education came from the school of hard knocks. If anything I said above is making you try to target what I am doing in hopes to justify what you do, maybe you should take a look at that.

I spend $30-$40 a year on electricity, $20-$30 a year on fertilizer, and new light bulbs every few years $12. + water cost, maybe 1$ a month. Not too expensive to grow for personal use.
Oh, plus the original purchase of peat moss "dirt" was I think $25 for 2 cubic feet.
Be even cheaper if I could use the sun.

Was it any hassle getting a personal growth permit how come you can't use the sun?

It would be cool to see a pic of your grow area but maybe you don't feel comfortable posting that.

Well it keeps popping up on the new post page, so I came in to see all the losers;) Anyway he's been on my ignore list for at least 3 years.

That said, when I look a the people in the drinking threads, pot taking topics I do think to myself it's a wast. Don't get me wrong, I was your normal kid of the 70s and started to drink, smoke and puff weed in JH along with whatever drug came along. I did this most my life till I was 39 and really I'm an addict, I'd wager a bet that at least 75% of people who use whatever drug of choice are addicts, even if they don't want to admit it.

But anyway that all aside I see people saying they can't afford things but all the while they will be posting $30-$50 bottles of booze in threads, and buying weed. This shit cost money, when I was using I'd at least smoke a 1/4-1/2 oz a week. I don't remember the size bottles of booze, 1 Litter? the big ones, two of those could be bought a week. And of course have beer stocked in the fridge. Then when I went out to dinner or a bar that was more added cost.

I stopped using in 2000, 18 years ago and I know the prices must have gone up a lot since then. So I guess when I come home from the record store with $300 in records a week, put $1000 carts on my tables you all will know where I got the money to do that;)

I really need to quit smoking though, In my area smokes are $8.00+ tax a pack and I'll go through 2 a day at least. So $20 x 365 days = $7,300

What a wast, that's a bad ass turntable with a $1500 cartridge on it a year. Or a new McIntosh Preamp or Power amp every year.

Anyway..just a thought.:beatnik:
I have to disagree with you on that 75% of people who drink or smoke dope are addicts I doubt 5% are, most people can put down a drink without finishing it or wanting another a alcoholic cant, if 75% of people were addicts that used any type of mind altering substance the world would be in chaos. I use weed maybe twice a month and it cost me about what a cup of coffee does at a restaurant $2.50 so for me at least it is not a waste of money I enjoy the effects and it helps with my nausea and cost less then Zofran does per dose.

You can call any of us that smoke dope or drink losers if you like but it only makes you look like a self righteous prick :) even though you likely did not intend for it to seem that way.

Congrats on 18 years clean and sober though not an easy feat.

Last edited:
Was it any hassle getting a personal growth permit how come you can't use the sun?

It would be cool to see a pic of your grow area but maybe you don't feel comfortable posting that.

Getting a what?
Looks like a closet. Plenty of places to find pics online of people's plants.

I have to disagree with you on that 75% of people who drink or smoke dope are addicts I doubt 5% are, most people can put down a drink without finishing it or wanting another a alcoholic cant, if 75% of people were addicts that used any type of mind altering substance the world would be in chaos. I use weed maybe twice a month and it cost me about what a cup of coffee does at a restaurant $2.50 so for me at least it is not a waste of money I enjoy the effects and it helps with my nausea and cost less then Zofran does per dose.

You can call any of us that smoke dope or drink losers if you like but it only makes you look like a self righteous prick :)
I think 4-2-7 was using the word loser in gest in his post (chicks not so much) but I agree with you about the addiction rate. Of course everyone's idea of addiction is different, and when someone is addicted, particularly to illegal substances they might hang out or otherwise rub shoulders with others who are addicted and so would seem to them to see a lot more heavy users.

In my travels I have seen far more alcoholics than people addicted heavily to pot. And the former seems to me to be far more destructive. I have known only a few who were addicted to pot, and even then they wouldn't fall apart like alcoholics can do while doing without.

Well it keeps popping up on the new post page, so I came in to see all the losers;) Anyway he's been on my ignore list for at least 3 years.

Dan, who did you mean when you said they were on your "ignore" list??

I sure hope chicks doesn't stay aggravated at me. I pm'd him, no reply. Seriously, I was just quoting Bill Hicks, and meant no offense to anyone.

EDIT - He got back with me. We're good.

We all have our vices. My take on it is this - if you harm nobody, and are in control of your body, your money, and your actions, all should be pretty well in the world.

For some, it is coffee/cigs, etc. Others, it is power/money (my bosses). For some, it is physical domination (think of the loud guy at the bar who always wants a fight) and for yet others, it is p$%!y. I have an ex-friend who was my bud for 20 years, but when he kept breaking up families with his skirt chasing ways, I had to let him know it wasn't right.

He and I parted shortly thereafter. I hear he's married now, with a child of his own. Perhaps he regrets his actions?? I mean, he screwed his best friend's WIFE. Multiple times.

Anyway, this thread has been fairly civil, even with some entrenched opinions. Congrats, all. And chicks, please don't hold a grudge, sir.

Last edited:
In my travels I have seen far more alcoholics than people addicted heavily to pot. And the former seems to me to be far more destructive. I have known only a few who were addicted to pot, and even then they wouldn't fall apart like alcoholics can do while doing without.

That may change. Up until recently, there were too many restrictions for people to use marijuana as freely and openly as alcohol. Time will tell.

I am quite amused, however, how some people are so quick to defend their"controversial" behavior, yet at the same time chastise others for theirs.

I think 4-2-7 was using the word loser in gest in his post (chicks not so much) but I agree with you about the addiction rate. Of course everyone's idea of addiction is different, and when someone is addicted, particularly to illegal substances they might hang out or otherwise rub shoulders with others who are addicted and so would seem to them to see a lot more heavy users.

I think he was only half kidding he seems to feel that drinking or using pot or any mind altering substance is a waste of money and if you were abusing whatever your drug of choice is then yes it would be a waste because now your use is affecting other areas of your life in a negative way but painting everyone with the same brush based solely on your own experiences is a mistake because the majority of people who have a beer every so often or wine with dinner etc or smoke weed are not abusing these substances.

A lot of people, in fact likely the majority of people feel that spending more then a couple hundred dollars on audio gear is a waste of money, the way I see it is spend your money however you want. Only you can decide whether or not the things you spend money on is a waste or a benefit.

Regards Snow

Last edited:
Being normal, well is normal for our bodies and mind, one looking to change that is trying to suppress something in their mind.
What do you think nicotine does? At 40 a day what are you trying to suppress? I readily admit that when I vape cannabis 2-3 times a week it is to relax after a hard day of work or after a long mountain bike ride. Nothing like mountain biking for 2-4 hours and then coming home, taking a couple of tokes on the vape, and listen to music.

Yes I'm an addict, coffee and cigarets are a vice. Hardly the same mind altering that drugs and alcohol do to suppress emotions and feelings.
Do you believe that nicotine isn't a mind altering drug? Read that link I posted earlier.

So I saw an acquaintance at a local Chinese restaurant last night. He gave me a bud of some Chemdog mixed with I forget what else. Anyway, I did a little research on Chemdog and it seems to have deep roots in my neck of the woods.

The story goes that in 1991 a local guy bought some weed at a Dead show (it was actually a Phish concert) and it was killer. He got the number of the guy and ended up with 2 more ounces. Well there were several seeds in there and he started growing it up here in Western MA.

Turns out Chemdog is a legendary strain that is the grandaddy of strains like OG Kush and Sour Diesel. I tried it out today and man it is sick. It is so pungent, in a good way. The high is awesome, with a cool face melting quality.

Anyway, I saw the guy who gave me the bud today. Turns out the guys who started Chemdog are his friends. As a matter of fact, one of them lived in my neighborhood before moving out of state. He' got a sick grow room going and is cloning and growing some premo strains. Looks like I made a great connection, I'm psyched. Now I need to have a conversation with the wife about growing some of my own. I have a lot to learn, but it'll be fun.

Last edited:
So I saw an acquaintance at a local Chinese restaurant last night. He gave me a bud of some Chemdog mixed with I forget what else. Anyway, I did a little research on Chemdog and it seems to have deep roots in my neck of the woods.
Nice connection to have! I don't do well with the heavy strains though. Gets good reviews:
https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/chemdawg

I can recommend a couple of sativas:
https://www.leafly.com/sativa/moby-dick
https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/chiesel

This one is a little strong, but fine in small amounts:
https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/gelato

I think 4-2-7 was using the word loser in gest in his post (chicks not so much)
Correct, that portion of your post I quoted I addressed three things.
Why people pop into a thread by seeing it on the new post page.
I made a sarcastic comment on chicks looser comment that you nor I agreed with.
I stated how I have put him on ignore for over three years, for many stupid comments like that, that I don't agree with.

I then went on and spoke in reality looking from the other side of the fence. Showing I'v been on both sides and really do know a lot about why people use. If a person feels the need to use the reasoning is the same as a person that has full blown physical addiction. One thing the other side of the fence shows you is seeing the justification and denial someone using has. We can even see that in some of the comments I have received in this thread.

Dan, who did you mean when you said they were on your "ignore" list??
chicks

One thing I have been thinking, the powers that be want to feed propaganda, remove firearms and have the population high.

One needs to see that and ask why?

the majority of people who have a beer every so often or wine with dinner etc or smoke weed are not abusing these substances.
Exactly. There's only one person on here abusing drugs. And that's the one that smokes 40 a day.

In fairness I should point out that I didn't set any thread rules in the op, probably because I didn't really expect this thread (like most of the new threads i have started) to go anywhere but was just describing my first experience buying weed in 30 plus years and with a cash register involved too.

I never wanted it to become something about the pros and cons cannabis smoking, vaping, eating, using (the word 'using' 'user' carries such negative connotations that in my experience doesn't fit weed at all ) but simply to examine this new reality that a lot of grass roots law changing work went into, from a huge number of people over decades!

Anyway it's a minor miracle the thread didn't implode before now, thanks to the tolerance of the good moderators in no small part.

So just a reminder to try to stay clear from any politics, keep it positive if you can, not putting anyone down as a loser. Or if you feel legalization is a big mistake then start a thread on that if you want .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom