Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by Alobar, Dec 11, 2018.

1. onwardjames

onwardjames Hoardimus Maximus Subscriber

@epifanatic my experience with hash has been absolutely wonderful. All the pleasures of cannabis, but not ONE SINGLE TIME have I ever had a bad ride, paranoia, nothing. I always seem to think "shoe polish" when I smoke it, I have no idea why, but it is a wonderful taste, buzz, and experience.

If I had my druthers.....it would be the only thing I use. Alas, I quit my farming about 6 years ago, and just don't have the resources I did back then.

PanheadXR290, Alobar, RT Fan and 2 others like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. epifanatic

epifanatic acoustically suspended Subscriber

Good hash was abundant in these parts back in the 80's-90's then it became harder to find. There's always been primo weed available though.

PanheadXR290 and Alobar like this.
  3. Snow

Snow AK Subscriber Subscriber

Eating versus smoking yields different results of course, if I have bud trim or kief I typically stick it in the oven for 30 mins at 250 farenheight and decarboxylate it then eat it in some fashion it provides a longer lasting high with no waste gone up in smoke for example I can get the same effect if I decarb it first with half the amount of weed versus smoking.

I don't eat edibles unless it is from a store with known amounts eating brownies or whatever from an unknown source rarely turns out well either you get no effect or you are couch locked for hours.

Regards Snow

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  4. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I don't see any of that here, but I'll ask. I think all they have are the cartridges with 95% THC.

5. leftside

leftside AK Member

6. Farmhand

Farmhand Super Member

My music partner and I added THC to our creative toolbox a little while back and have come up with two sets worth of songs. Time to book more gigs....

darkblue94 and Alobar like this.

7. richamor

richamor amateur house husband Subscriber

I wanna go to the local weed shop:no:

8. leftside

leftside AK Member

9. olson_jr

olson_jr Dave? Dave's not here man. Subscriber

Take me with, take me with, take me with....

darkblue94 and Alobar like this.
  10. BadassBob

BadassBob Digitally rendered

We're still a couple years away in our neck of the woods :(

Alobar likes this.
  11. RamblinE

RamblinE (╯°□°)╯彡┻━┻

It’s more my wife’s thing.

But the boutique experience in Colorado is still really cool. We drove all over the state and a few luxury boutiques we stopped at in Denver and Durango really elevated the personal/luxury experience.

Alobar likes this.

12. richamor

richamor amateur house husband Subscriber

In the heart of the bible belt I doubt I live to see it. Hell we were just allowed to buy alcohol on Sunday a couple of years ago and there's still lots of places you can't. Weed???LOL!! not in my lifetime.

and olsen....we're headed to CO in May. Wanna meet up in KC:smoke:

Alobar likes this.
  13. olson_jr

olson_jr Dave? Dave's not here man. Subscriber

We have actually been in CO the last couple of years in September, but the county we stayed in is not 'Green' in that regard. It is interesting going into the stores in the Denver area and thinking did this really happen in the USA?

Funny what you say about SC counties being dry. When we first started motorcycling in the WNC, SC, Georgia areas we were wondering why there would be a beer store on a back road in the middle of nowhere. Took us a while to realize they were on located 'just over' county lines.

14. elcoholic

elcoholic Jet Fuel Genius Subscriber

I had a friend from out of state here yesterday and he wanted to go to the weed shop. He was dumbfounded at 90 seconds in. He wanted to try some high test so our cutie pie bud tender made some recommendations. These are both around 28% THC!
    08B3369D-1AF9-472B-9440-C729FEB7068B.jpeg FEFE21D4-3627-405F-BB37-749F99D8191B.jpeg
    We had his XJ-13. As he put it “super intense, clean, crisp”. I give it 2 thumbs up. I’ll be trying the Green Ribbon BX in the near future which is a hybrid.

15. teal'c

teal'c Moomber Subscriber

Sounds like you might enjoy the results if you keep an eye out for Oldtimers's Haze, Panama Red, and anything from Vietnam. :angel:

bobabode and Alobar like this.
  16. PanheadXR290

PanheadXR290 AK Subscriber Subscriber

My wife suffers from the most agressive and painfull form of Multiple Sclerosis and cannot tolerate opiates ,hence I've been growing her medicine illegally for 20 years and legally for 10 years ,brand names of marijuana mean very little , for pain the strains that are the most effective are either a pure Indica ,or a heavy Indica Strain ,I grow single cola sea of green flood n drain hydroponics ,from a 4ft x 8ft flood table with 50 rooted sexually mature clones and 8 or more node sites I pull between 6 and 7 lbs of A+ 5 star smoke every 7.5 weeks ,I'm part owner of our local CO-OP and have a total of 10 patients I supply and all of my patients suffer extreme pain , I grow my own strain which I created out of crossing Blue Widdow with Top 44 Skunk ,one hit from the bubble hash I make and your chilled ,3 hits and your worst pain is gone ,if you have a medical card and want to learn how to become a master grower within 6 months I'd be willing to apprentice you ,for over 20 years I've mentored over 50 patients who suffer from MS,MD,Bone Density Disorder and severe neuropathic pain .

If you have room to set up a 4 x 8 table with three 600 watt HPS lighting systems cooled by a push pull fan configuration ,a 40 gallon Rubbermaid resivoir for your main grow area ,then a small area with 2 mother plants allowed to become sexually mature " loaded with pistils " ,then I can very quickly teach you how to grow 4 ounce single cola plants at 50 plants per flood table ,80% of your harvest will be roughly 4lbs to start every 7.5 weeks ,and you'll have roughly 2 lbs of airy buds you can use to make excellent bubble hash and take at least 2 ounces of hash with every grow ,if you buy your gear from HTG supply you can set up a highly productive grow I outlined for under $2,000 ,if you have room for 2 tables you'll harvest every 3.5 weeks ,4 tables and harvest every week .

17. bobabode

bobabode AK Subscriber Subscriber

I so miss Thai stick. The last time I had any was back in the late '80's.

18. Alobar

Alobar Pulling out of the Last Chance Texaco.. Subscriber

Wow! I thought this thread died out before Christmas! Just saw it while scrolling the new threads.. Great new posts in here!..

Well it's been a month since my visit to the pot shop and the month has been a real joy. . Turns out (and I forgot this part from the 70s) is that I get some real creative ideas after a bowl. This one came up a few weeks ago after getting some nice wireless speakers on amazon for closeout price and trying to figure out where they would go. It had so many parts and pieces to it that I needed a way to contain it all and be able to have music around the house where I am still building. I came up with this deesign on my CAD program, yes while stoned! :)

Capture4.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture.JPG

Here is a link to the thread I started on this project. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/going-mobile.851913/

It isn't just the creativity that has spiked, but doing lots of boring miserable jobs like drywall, mud, sanding, paint. And all the other stuff, stacking and bringing in firewood, plowing the driveway, all those chores that were getting old suddenly are fun again! And just seeing the beauty all around is enhanced. And listening to music, wow! I get much more out of it now.. And my wife thinks I'm much easier to get along with too! :rolleyes:

Today while in my little town, I noticed how much of this town shuts down for the winter. See a few cars idling at the grocery store, or the PO but that was it. Then I started worrying that the weed shop might have closed down too, so I drove by, and well there were 6 cars and trucks in their parking lot! So biz is up for them! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    sqlsavior, Pio1980, WillVT and 8 others like this.
  19. bobabode

bobabode AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sorry to hear about your wife's MS. You've been her angel of mercy, man. I'd take you up on your offer but I'm out here on the South Left Coast, not to mention my stage 4 arthritis in my knees, hips and shoulders. I'm lucky my spine isn't shot from 40 years of residential construction.

Take care, Bob

Pio1980, Alobar and PanheadXR290 like this.
  20. PanheadXR290

PanheadXR290 AK Subscriber Subscriber

My back and knees are also destroyed from 32 years as a certified crane operator for Skanska Global Construction on commercial and industrial job sites ,I worked year round because my ass wasn't glued to the seat like many operators ,I'd jump from my crane to my skytrak 100 times a day ,feed my own materials and do all my own rigging ,I blew 5 discs jumping off the deck of the Demag crane j was running to grab something for the brickeys on their lull truck ,as soon as my feet hit the ground my working days we're finished ,I spent 11 months rehabbing my back and while I was gone my crane had been given to a young operating engineer and I was to be demoted to a boom truck ,no bueno ,I took early retirement ,grabbed my pension and spend my days helping my wife ,having me home instead of nurses has improved her quality of life 10,000 % and helped her heal ,she's still to weak to ride her own 1993 Fatboy she put 78,000 miles on with her 110 lb body ,but I did get her out 4 times last year on my bikes and she loved it ,In females the longer they have MS without it taking their mobility the better chance they have of beating the disease all together as they approach 60 yrs old ,I'm 61 and my wife's 58 and slowly getting better in the 6 years I've been retired because I don't treat her like the nurses did ,I treat her like she means the world to me no matter how big a mess she makes from spilling her food ,being her full time caregiver has taught me more about what's important In life than I could have imagined ,I wouldn't trade a single day of her good days for a million bucks because when she's not relapsing she is a ball of red headed fire that wants to live life .

Thanks for the kind words too ,I really do appreciate it .