Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Forest told us that "stupid is as stupid does". Continued debate in this direction can only get political and get the thread shutdown. Can we please get back on topic which was about the seemingly endless variety of products and strains available and their uses. I was recently searching for high potency pain cream for my mom's arthritis to use instead of the Codine 2 they gave her which turned her into a zombie. I bought her Papa & Barkley Releaf Balm - 3:1 CBD:THC [50ml] (600mg) which at $90 plus tax is about 3/4 to top of the range on strength & cost. Anybody use this or something of similar strength? I'm using 200mg pain cream myself and notice a big improvement in my hands in the morning if I use it at bed time.

Plus one. This thread has taught this old 'head' a few things I wasn't aware of, it would be a shame to see it locked. Grumpy has provided a place for political discussion if anyone is so inclined, http://politicalchat.org/

I need to try some of the topicals for joint pain- are any of the no THC creams any good? I'm going to see my elderly mom in a couple weeks & she is having trouble with one of her hands. She can't take nsaids or much else as far as pain meds.

Try flax seed oil. Something around 1000mg once a day was a big help with my hands, fingers, and knees.

As far as the CBD cream...https://www.consumerreports.org/marijuana/how-to-shop-for-cbd/

Have tried a couple of the CDB only topicals here with no real noticeable effect. Now a card carrying MMJer so I can legally try the THC creams and see how that goes. Right now, sticking with the voltaren gel or Lidocaine5 when I need some relief.

** One thing I didn't like about the CDB topicals was they're greasy as hell, but mine are roll ons, which probably make a difference.

Forest told us that "stupid is as stupid does". Continued debate in this direction can only get political and get the thread shutdown. Can we please get back on topic which was about the seemingly endless variety of products and strains available and their uses. I was recently searching for high potency pain cream for my mom's arthritis to use instead of the Codine 2 they gave her which turned her into a zombie. I bought her Papa & Barkley Releaf Balm - 3:1 CBD:THC [50ml] (600mg) which at $90 plus tax is about 3/4 to top of the range on strength & cost. Anybody use this or something of similar strength? I'm using 200mg pain cream myself and notice a big improvement in my hands in the morning if I use it at bed time.
I'm currently recovering from a shoulder/muscle injury from mountain biking and am finding this helps:
https://www.motacannabisproducts.ca/shop/green-balm/

And also this. It has a strong smell though, that some might not like, but I rather like it.
https://stashclub.ca/product/green-tiger-salve-tiger-balm/

I really hope that with Canada legalizing and more states also legalizing that further research will be done on the cannabinoids. I truly believe some of these cannabinoids will cure various ailments. This plant being illegal is one of the biggest crimes of all our life times.

Last night we went to the Peace River Revival concert here in Fat Point. Donna The Buffalo is one hard working band! During the show, we smelt that fragrance drifting through the crowd and wondered what will the cops do and how far they would go to enforce the law. Maybe they didn't smell it but nothing happened.

To you folks in legal states, even though it's illegal to do in public is it more commonly used and ignored at such events?

Last night we went to the Peace River Revival concert here in Fat Point. Donna The Buffalo is one hard working band! During the show, we smelt that fragrance drifting through the crowd and wondered what will the cops do and how far they would go to enforce the law. Maybe they didn't smell it but nothing happened.

To you folks in legal states, even though it's illegal to do in public is it more commonly used and ignored at such events?
Well I don't know as I haven't been out to an outdoor event in quite a while (been a long winter). I do think it would be a frowned on for indoor public places as there are already laws against any type smoking there but outdoors, my guess is that nobody cares except for someone who gets po'wed or offended at the smell of weed (or more likely about the type of person smoking it). At this point it's hard to imagine anything but a warning to go take it someplace else.

Before it was legal it never stopped anybody from sparking up a fatty or 6 at a live show, indoor or out. I really don't think the authorities will do anything about it now. ;)

Before legalization it was a misdemeanor here making the civil penalties much worse depending on your job. I had one of those jobs since the 80’s so I would not partake. Yes the good old zero tolerance clause in all federal engineering and construction contracts. So I’d worry about failing a pop-quiz on Monday morning from exposure at a show Saturday night. The company used urine tests which don’t show active THC, only the metabolite residual in the blood stream. And if you’re fat like me you hang on to those metabolites longer. Furthermore there wasn’t a threshold or a range so 1ppm would cost you your $100k++ job making the misdemeanor ticket academic. For years, decades actually, I would raise this issue with HR in my annual drug policy for management training classes. I couldn’t see losing good engineers and architects on a technicality for what they did on Saturday night.
Fortunately states that legalize have to have a real test for active THC and established thresholds of impairment to prosecute. So now we have the saliva swab test which actually shows if you’re high. This is a good thing for everybody in the corporate world. I was blown away when my super conservative employer switched over to the spit test in 2016. Even so I held out for retirement. One never knows if your next prospective employer uses the hair test.

Before legalization it was a misdemeanor here making the civil penalties much worse depending on your job. I had one of those jobs since the 80’s so I would not partake. Yes the good old zero tolerance clause in all federal engineering and construction contracts. So I’d worry about failing a pop-quiz on Monday morning from exposure at a show Saturday night. The company used urine tests which don’t show active THC, only the metabolite residual in the blood stream. And if you’re fat like me you hang on to those metabolites longer. Furthermore there wasn’t a threshold or a range so 1ppm would cost you your $100k++ job making the misdemeanor ticket academic. For years, decades actually, I would raise this issue with HR in my annual drug policy for management training classes. I couldn’t see losing good engineers and architects on a technicality for what they did on Saturday night.
Fortunately states that legalize have to have a real test for active THC and established thresholds of impairment to prosecute. So now we have the saliva swab test which actually shows if you’re high. This is a good thing for everybody in the corporate world. I was blown away when my super conservative employer switched over to the spit test in 2016. Even so I held out for retirement. One never knows if your next prospective employer uses the hair test.
Another thing that makes me glad I'm retired! Not much they can do to hurt me now.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I had that happen a long time back, took two tokes over a weekend fishing trip and got the random test that Monday. I should have fessed up but I didn't think such a small exposure would show. Wrong. Damn near cost me my job, wife was ready to leave, etc. I ended up in a program with a bunch of young dui folks, learning about alcoholism. The kids couldn't believe I had gotten popped for such a little bit, and of course I was not impaired at all when tested. I didn't indulge again till I retired from that job.

Yeah, I had that happen a long time back, took two tokes over a weekend fishing trip and got the random test that Monday. I should have fessed up but I didn't think such a small exposure would show. Wrong. Damn near cost me my job, wife was ready to leave, etc. I ended up in a program with a bunch of young dui folks, learning about alcoholism. The kids couldn't believe I had gotten popped for such a little bit, and of course I was not impaired at all when tested. I didn't indulge again till I retired from that job.
It’s like “seeds and dust, you got a bust” all over again except no felony.

Since I've got my MMJ card, my habits have not really changed. I'm a weekend user for the most part, usually in the evenings when I plan on doing some listening, or watching a movie. It's nice to have a variety of products to choose from. I need to try the vaping options, still doing things old school. I doubt I'll bother doing anything right at 4:20, later for sure though.

I have not indulged for 37 years now, coincidental with my seriously impaired hearing and following on the final dispersal of the Friday night crowd due to marriage, moving away etc. In retrospect it was interesting to see the evolution of the kinds of 'smoke' over the years, due mainly to governmental actions. Mexican 'grass' in the late 1960s yielding to Columbian due to the 1969 border crackdown under Nixon, and to the increasing use of hashish from the Middle East, then more compact hash oil as anti-smuggling measures got tougher. Hash oil might be as much as 60% delta-9 THC and was evaporated with a match under a glass pipe, not burned. Then came a big crackdown on hash and oil in New York, like serious felony big, simultaneous with a major lessening of penalties for simple possession of marihuana (actual legal spelling). Hash and hash oil disappeared but sinsemilla ‘grass’ took its place. The much beloved Acapulco Gold of 1967 – a sweet, open ‘up’ head – came back with a vengeance a decade later as ‘Kiss’, Kona Sinsemilla Supreme.

WoooHoooo.
30% off today and tomorrow at my local dispensary. (Be sure to check out the shops in your area today or tomorrow)
Picked up some flower and a nice big Bttl of CBD Tincture.
Happy 4/20 Ya'll!
:beatnik:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom