Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Word of caution - I don't know whether they (whoever they are) irradiate mail from certain addresses, but last seeds I ordered from overseas were all deaders ... ;-{

And in the end money wins!
It just makes so much more sense to make money off it than to pay to fight corrupt (and fund) thugs in other parts of the world..

Gateway drug? I'm thinking not.. There is no gateway, once you smoke weed, you are already there! Soon they will have to find a new substance to label as gateway drug now that the laws are changing and cannabis is taking its place beside alcohol. ..

I was having a conversation with a colleague I ran into yesterday in a thrift store. She has back issues also and we were talking about what we do for it. She was taking Advil which was affecting her stomach and she has a script for Flexeril which she doesn't like due to the drowsiness and hangover.

I suggested CBD and she was already thinking about it. We had a pretty long conversation about medical use and I showed her the dispensary website and showed her some of the available products. As we were talking I glanced over and see guy was listening in on our conversation. He had a look in his face of disapproval.

His reaction was odd given it's totally legal here, maybe he didnt get the memo :dunno:. We weren't talking about anything shady.

The stigma is rediculous as far as I'm concerned. The things we take, prescribed or not to cope with pain/stress/anxiety/ptsd to name a few are arguably much worse for us than cannibis. Opiods? Muscle relaxers? Benzos? Alcohol? Antipsychotics? Screw all of that stuff (except the alcohol, in moderation :)).

At my last physical I asked my doctor what he thought of medical marijuana. He said he doesn't believe in it. I'm going in in January for my next physical and I'm going to ask him again. If he says the same thing I'm going to consider a new doctor. It makes no sense how anyone could think it has no use yet would have no problem prescribing drugs with terrible side effects :thumbsdown:. Not cool in my opinion.

CBD extract is legally sold in shops in my state.
While I was [and still am] highly skeptical of the many claims made for the stuff, I did buy a bottle a few months ago on the advice of friends who thought it might help with joint pain.

And actually, I haven't noticed that it helps with my pain, but to my complete surprise, it's worked wonders on my "nervous stomach".
A long term problem which has often made me totally miserable. At best, it's been a major inconvenience.
I'm not exaggerating when I say CBD helped my gut from Day 1.

Been three months now, during which I've used three different CBD brands/mixtures.
I no longer take any antacids.....simply because I don't need to.
That's a very big change for someone who used to live on Prilosec/Pepcid AD, and still suffered a lot.

Massachusetts recently opened the first 2 recreational shops. The lines are crazy, 3 hours wait time. I drove by last Saturday and the line was around the block. There were a lot of out of state plates.

I just registered online for their preorder service. Basically you browse their online menu and make your selections. You get an email when it's ready and you can pick it up without waiting in a huge line.

I got a 100mg indica chocolate bar and it's pretty good for night time relaxing. I cut it into 20, 5mg pieces and that's a good dose for me.

I'm going this Saturday with my brother in law from NJ. I'm going to grab a 100 mg CBD chocolate bar. I want to try a low THC sativa (6.5%/11%CBD) called Sour Tsu x Cat Kush. I'm hoping that it gives a mellow high that's not too much. That strain is only for medical patients only, so I'm going to have to ask a friend with a card to get it for me.

I'll tell you, I'm excited to try out the different strains. Before legalizing all you could get would be whatever was around, and I don't always like the high. If the THC is just too high, I get anxiey. I like edibles because the dose is more controlled compared to smoking.

Here's a link to the dispensary if you want to look through their selection.
https://netacare.org/locations/neta-northampton/
See if they have Blueberry strains, those are usually a mellow soaring buzz.

joint pain.
1000 to 1200 mg. flax seed oil caps worked for me, and 4 out of 5 people I recommended it to. I also took glucosamine msm pills, but none of the others did.

Last edited:
And in the end money wins!
It just makes so much more sense to make money off it than to pay to fight corrupt (and fund) thugs in other parts of the world.
The thugs are here my friend and the large illegal grows in Humboldt Co. continue. According to my buddy in Eureka this was from a Bulgarian crew. They still drop them in by helicopter with all the supplies, including irrigation for the duration of the grow. Consider the acreage needed to yield 16,000 lbs of bud. He (my friend) manages a gazillion acres of timber and has to work around these HUGE grows. The smart chopper pilots won’t fly near them for fear they’ll get the tail number. We’re far from out of the woods up north yet (literally). It's actually worse up there since California legalized because for the most part the feds have backed way off on enforcement so the foreign thugs are much more brazen than they were before. To continue would be political so I'll stop right here.

Has anyone seen hash for sale at these joints?
No. We need a bunch of monks from Napal to hand roll the kief into Nepalese Temple Balls. Might make for some interesting conversations at the Airport, "State your business here in US ..." The plants that provided the resin harvest for Black Primo had 4-6" stalks and were several human generations old at the time they and their families were eradicated by the new government in Iran. Traditionally very high-quality hash was a long term proposition, primarily rooted in spiritual uses vs. a cash crop product. I wouldn't hold my breath. However if Thai Stick ever makes a comeback I'll be first in line.

Back
Top Bottom