Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Would more than one variety in the same place still be weed, or weeds? As in "I have several weeds here to chose from" or "I have several weed to choose from" ...

Ida know ... guess I'll go spin some vinyls and contemplate that ... ;-}

I think the latter. :)

-Dave

Maybe it was that TV show Weeds that got me using the name now. We had all sorts of names for it in the 70s but I don't ever recall using the term cannabis then, and it sounds awkward to say now. Like 'hey want to smoke some cannabis?'. Just doesnt work for me. Sounds too stodgy for pot somehow.

Maybe it was that TV show Weeds that got me using the name now. We had all sorts of names for it in the 70s but I don't ever recall using the term cannabis then, and it sounds awkward to say now. Like 'hey want to smoke some cannabis?'. Just doesnt work for me. Sounds too stodgy for pot somehow.
never even heard of a tv show called weeds here.

Thai stick was so good because they soaked it in opium. It was fun but I'm glad it's not around anymore at least that I know of.
There was a batch that had horse tranquilizer in it years ago. It became a bit infamous and was thankfully not repeated.

You guys are killing me...

I still work in an industry controlled by the Feds, so it's ethanol only for the next 18-months or so. I don't particularly like the effect of alcohol at anything over 2 drinks, so when I retire it's back to the evil devil weed.:jump:

Not available yet in Ohio, but technically Medical Marijuana is legal.

Hopefully we'll see it legal in the US in my lifetime.

Thai stick was so good because they soaked it in opium. It was fun but I'm glad it's not around anymore at least that I know of.

I believe Thai Stick was soaked in hash oil, not opium.

Of course weed can be laced with all kinds of crap. PCP, formaldehyde, and god knows what else. It paid to know your dealer.

I've got to smoke opium a time or two and the Thai Stick we had back in the day definitely did not taste like opium. It was just killer weed.

Opium has a taste when smoked I can't describe, but it is distinct and unforgettable. It was a long time ago and the experience was nothing notable. I'm sure the quality of the opium was pretty low. Probably a good thing...

I have had the pleasure of using hash oil. Now that I liked!

Anyone from Michigan remember Monkey Paw?

Gold sativa with a side of skunk ... happy happy joy joy!

PS ... the monkey called ... he wants it back ...

1b5lzr.jpg

I believe Thai Stick was soaked in hash oil, not opium.

Of course weed can be laced with all kinds of crap. PCP, formaldehyde, and god knows what else. It paid to know your dealer.

I've got to smoke opium a time or two and the Thai Stick we had back in the day definitely did not taste like opium. It was just killer weed.

Opium has a taste when smoked I can't describe, but it is distinct and unforgettable. It was a long time ago and the experience was nothing notable. I'm sure the quality of the opium was pretty low. Probably a good thing...

I have had the pleasure of using hash oil. Now that I liked!

Anyone from Michigan remember Monkey Paw?
Hash Oil was like rocket fuel. I’d do that again if and only if I could forget that cough. Probably not going to happen.

Thai Stick was soaked in hash oil.
Buddha was soaked in opium.

First and last time, I got one hit off a pin joint of Buddha. Then went to US Government class in high school (Okinawa). BIG mistake. I was totally blitzed and couldn't keep my eyes open. Me and the other guy sat in the front row and a couple feet from the teacher's podium. Good thing he liked us. Especially me, because I was the only junior in a class for seniors. I got straight As.

Oh, the 70's

Don't spray my pot with Paraquat...

The standard was Colombian with mouse turds and mold. Mexican ditch-weed was also around.

When the gods smiled there was Acupulco Gold, Panama Red, Maui Wowie, Monkey Paw, blond and green hash, Thai Stick, and hash oil.

Then the 80's brought California Sensi, Meigs County Green, and the start of the high-quality factory grown stuff out there today.

Then some dumb ass smokes a joint and wrecks a train and we're all pissing in a bottle.

I've been waiting 25 years for what's happening now. If alcohol is legal, then weed should be. I know lots of folks don't agree, but when they can't sleep because of the pain, or are puking their guts out from chemo (or worse, watch a loved one go through it), they may change their minds.

The best marijuana I ever had was in 1969, A high school friend was serving in Vietnam. He would write letters and put 4 or 5 seven inch joints in the envelope. It was the only time I had an out of body experience.

Then some dumb ass smokes a joint and wrecks a train and we're all pissing in a bottle.
It would be nice if safety was at any time a true motivation for all the :wtf:.

Free the Herb.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2018-12-15 20-37-07.png
    Screenshot from 2018-12-15 20-37-07.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 30
It's legal here in my area, but I haven"t yet gone to a brick and mortar shop...I was at a local festival and one of the boths was a pot shop, I was amazed at what they sold. Anyway I grow my own and make my own hash oil for about $30 per 5g.

Back
Top Bottom