Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

its leagle here now, you can smoke anywhere tobacco is allowed
but flower only, there is a grey market online for oil hash edibles and anything else you want
it went over so well the government ran out of stock and hasnt managed to catch up yet.
edibles and oil, hash ect should be leagle here next yr.

the varieties are amazing, its all high potency and cheap

one of my daily jobs is collecting the mail from the local court house
one day as i was doing this there people smoking tobacco at he mail box.
the mail box is the distance you have to be from the doorway to smoke.

that when it struck me! i could stand right here and smoke a joint, right here, in front of judges and cops!
as long as i dont get in my car there is nothing they can do.
what a place to get high! woulda been terrifying yrs ago.

they idea still freaks me out :D

I do disagree with one comment above (respectfully, of course)--if anyone is buzzed from alcohol or pot, they should not be behind a wheel. My better half's cousin got sent to the hospital after a stoned-off-his-ass driver rear-ended his squad car alongside the freeway.

I like edibles because the dose is more controlled compared to smoking.
That is a reason I'd prefer edibles (since I can't be near smoke anyways). Controlled dosage and knowing the balance of sativa/indica/CBD helps to pick the right product.

Still the big one is the federal law, and I don't see that one changing until many more states get legalization laws on the books, but it is starting!
A certain US attorney general was dismissed/resigned after the elections was strongly anti-pot--thank goodness. I could have seen a lot of issues with the states had he stuck around longer. (And that's my last bit of politics here. :) ) But his mindset is a typical example of many people in society who are of an older generation and opposed to it just due to their outdated values and tunnel vision that "all drugs are bad."

I suggested CBD and she was already thinking about it. We had a pretty long conversation about medical use and I showed her the dispensary website and showed her some of the available products. As we were talking I glanced over and see guy was listening in on our conversation. He had a look in his face of disapproval.
Just like I mentioned above--that tunnel vision hard at work. Was he an older gentleman? I would wonder how many prescriptions he takes daily...and I'd hate to think that his stubborn attitude would refuse to allow him to consider that CBD and a little THC might be able to get rid of a few of those medicines that do harm along with the good.

CBD extract is legally sold in shops in my state.
While I was [and still am] highly skeptical of the many claims made for the stuff, I did buy a bottle a few months ago on the advice of friends who thought it might help with joint pain.

And actually, I haven't noticed that it helps with my pain, but to my complete surprise, it's worked wonders on my "nervous stomach".
One thing about medical usage is that CBD does work OK on its own, but even a small amount of THC mixed in with it goes a long way towards increasing the effectiveness. So pure CBD does have benefits (and it is 50-state legal, I might add, and my better half has had good results using it in the lotion I bought), but missing that THC component was probably robbing you of the joint relief (no pun intended) that you were seeking.

That's a very big change for someone who used to live on Prilosec/Pepcid AD, and still suffered a lot.
I'm going to tell my better half this worked for you. :D She was taking Nexium when I met her, then switched to Prilosec OTC because it was cheaper. They thought it was an ulcer a dozen years ago, but it's actually a hiatus hernia. The bad thing is, she is severely iron deficient and has been getting expensive iron infusions for years now--part of it is hereditary and also goes with the "redhead gene" but the Prilosec and Nexium also contribute to iron deficiencies. She has some other health issues as well. I often wonder if a good CBD/THC mix would work.

The great ones are already playing with the rules here in Michigan. Latest was an attempt to take the "grow your own" provision out of the mix for recreational users. They didn't get the votes, so that's still in and they're all off for the winter break, but I'm sure we haven't heard the last of that. ....... A major problem will be getting seeds legally, as there's few sources currently in state, and shipping across state lines is technically illegal due to the fed's take on things. Can't wait to see what happens when they start raiding recreational growers and demanding proof of where they got their seeds, eh ...
It probably won't matter where they got their seeds (how the heck could you prove it, and who's to say you didn't get them free from a friend or neighbor?), but if it's over 12 plants, I could see it being an issue. I saw that state brouhaha as well. It didn't get him very far, did it? :)

I'm waiting for the day it becomes federally legal, and we can buy seeds directly from the Burpee seed catalog. :D

Of course weed can be laced with all kinds of crap. PCP, formaldehyde, and god knows what else. It paid to know your dealer.
I noticed many of the retail stores deal with local growers, and they are stated to be free of chemicals and other harmful substances. I would trust that over some unknown dime bag we'd buy off the streets around here.

A certain US attorney general was dismissed/resigned after the elections was strongly anti-pot--thank goodness. I could have seen a lot of issues with the states had he stuck around longer. (And that's my last bit of politics here. :) ) But his mindset is a typical example of many people in society who are of an older generation and opposed to it just due to their outdated values and tunnel vision that "all drugs are bad."

It does appear that the feds have retreated back to their own specific territories when iit comes to pot laws in states where it's legal such as airports, waterways, national parks etc. I think, at least for now there is a hands off approach going on. Could be they want to be on the right side of the trend towards legalization, or it could be rooted in the very old idea of "states rights" that's been around since the birth of the country. Will be interesting as more and more states turn to legalization in terms of what the Fed does with that.

Every state that goes legal is like turning on a search light in the darkness . What happens now with it is up to us as we are under the microscope.​

It does appear that the feds have retreated back to their own specific territories when iit comes to pot laws in states where it's legal such as airports, waterways, national parks etc. I think, at least for now there is a hands off approach going on. Could be they want to be on the right side of the trend towards legalization, or it could be rooted in the very old idea of "states rights" that's been around since the birth of the country. Will be interesting as more and more states turn to legalization in terms of what the Fed does with that.

Every state that goes legal is like turning on a search light in the darkness . What happens now with it is up to us as we are under the microscope.​
The national parks clearly state that it is illegal to bring MJ into the parks, so I have noticed those warnings first hand. I also wonder how it will affect BLM lands like national monuments or the many BLM trails that go through Utah, for instance. Pretty sure it's illegal there as well, being federal land.

I still worry that the tide could turn and, given the right person in the right place (like a puritanical US attorney general), they could start cracking down harder on it and set back what the states have accomplished. Yet like you say, I'm hoping that these states hopping on the bandwagon give the feds reason to rethink the anti-MJ stance. It's like I've said before--the more puritanical are in fear of a state full of stoners stumbling around the streets, white smoke following them, and the entire area reeking of smoke. I've spent enough time in Colorado to know that this is far from the case. Yeah, sure, there are more incidents with impaired drivers, but it's not some huge increase either (and I guess statistically, the numbers still don't exactly correlate--in other words, there has been an increase in impaired driving since MJ was legalized, but the individual cases of the impairment were not tied directly to the cause of the impairment such as MJ, booze, distracted driving, etc.).

Even though it's recreational here (and they're saying that recreational stores won't be opening until 2020, when they will be prepared to start issuing licenses), I think it will still lead many into looking into the medical side of it, without having to go through the process of getting a medical card. Why go to all that bother and expense if you just want to try a couple of the right edibles to see if you can alleviate some health issues? If it makes a partial improvement, then maybe that person could end up getting a med card and gaining access to even better products for their condition(s). If not, or they don't like the effects? Nothing lost.

I wanted to get some to bring home to Michigan after I'd left Colorado (to see if it would help with my arthritic hips), but was too worried about being caught. That's my kind of luck, y'know! :D The only car they pull over all day, and dummy here gets caught!

The conservative legislators in my state which hold the majority wrongly believe it's a gateway drug that leads to the abuse of hard drugs. We do have some support for medical MJ but it's not likely to be legalized in the near future.

Yah, it’s a gateway drug alright....it will have you eating organic food and caring about others and make you skeptical about why everything is happening. Then the bad stuff will start happening, you’ll stop buying things packaged in plastic and bring your own cloth bags with you when you go shopping....then you’ll become one of those people !!!

We can’t have any of that....now can we ???

The conservative legislators in my state which hold the majority wrongly believe it's a gateway drug that leads to the abuse of hard drugs. We do have some support for medical MJ but it's not likely to be legalized in the near future.
I don't think its as much a political divide as many think.. I don't want this thread to get locked, so I don't want to expound, but will just say that Alaska is quite conservative, and yet have had the most lenient pot laws anywhere for the past 40 years, and was the second state I think to go legal with it. It could be that we have had (especially in the bush villages where there are no roads in) the highest suicide and alcoholism rates in the nation, and knowing the destruction alcohol has caused, maybe we legalized weed precisely because of its properties that run counter to alcohol..

Question. When you go to sell any equipment, will it still be considered from a "smoke free" home when it's coated in resin ? Will there be issues selling a house that's been smoked in ?

Question. When you go to sell any equipment, will it still be considered from a "smoke free" home when it's coated in resin ? Will there be issues selling a house that's been smoked in ?

Having been "at it" for a decade or so, i am happy to report that my equipment gets a monthly wipe down, and I've never found anything other than dust on my stuff.
It's just not the same as a pack a day habit of tobacco.

Possibly. Could be vape resin.
Nope, no sale issues what-so-ever.

Having been "at it" for a decade or so, i am happy to report that my equipment gets a monthly wipe down, and I've never found anything other than dust on my stuff.
It's just not the same as a pack a day habit of tobacco.

I've read the opposite, especially if someone grows their own indoors ? Same results of tearing out sheetrock etc.

My experience, tobacco smell will hang for decades, pot smoke usually gone in 24-48 hrs. However I probably have agree with the growing part. That smell will be around for awhile.

Since most tobacco smokers don't "smell" other tobacco smokers, I would almost bet the same holds true for pot.

Back
Top Bottom