Were did that Marantz 300dc come from?

The correct drivers came in the mail so i went about fixing the A$$hole tracks i left in an amp board after my temp controlled soldering station failed in the middle of the job.
As i also had real issues getting the amp to work, I ended up jazzin' up the driver tracks.

Today i fixed them using old watch hands. My Grandfather and Dad fixed watches on the side. My dad was a Precision instrument repair man For Johnson Outboards. My brother watched him drill a 10/1000 inch hole in a watch balance staff to re-pin it because he couldn't find one, or didn't want to wait for it to come in the mail.

Anyhow, because i couldn't wait, i played Jerkyboy on the uncontrollable Iron and now i'm fixing it. I tried mixing a dark green paint, but gave up until i come up with a match.

I cut and tinned the bottom of the dials, drilled and laid them over the tinned copper tracks. Then while holding them in place with a threaded pocket watch stem, i laid heat over them and seated them.
The dials have a short flange on the board side that centers it in the hole.

Its not factory, but at least the next guy doesn't have to pry the transistor legs up off the tracks.
I have one more eye repair on the other side of the board, then i can put it back together.

John

Attachments

• DSC03047.JPG
    DSC03047.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC03044.JPG
    DSC03044.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC03045.JPG
    DSC03045.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 51
I owe my gratitude to Catrafter for sharing with me his thread on repairing boards. If not for him, i would have never thought of this.

Thanks Tom :thumbsup:

I buy and use antique vintage eyeglass frames and i found the best magnifier glasses in a few of them old frames. The last pair i bought even had my stigmatism dead nuts.
They are thick but they are glass lenses.

Keep an eye out in the antique shops for them.

I owe my gratitude to Catrafter for sharing with me his thread on repairing boards. If not for him, i would have never thought of this.

Thanks Tom :thumbsup:
Hi Tom, I've been like a sponge absorbing every tidbit of information I can find for rebuilding these great Marantz units,I've been searching for Catrafter thread on repairing boards that you speak about but can't find it at all, I don't know if I'm just not a good searcher or what, but could you please direct me to his thread?
Thanks
Lynn

Back
Top Bottom