Were Renaissance 90s the best Infinity?

Hi, thanks for reply

If this things were new or if I buy some ribbons on partexpress or madisound mm.. I think I would claim... a guarantee or RMAs
Are you sure that these things are so "as is"?
Why some are straight and other warped? Can someone explain?
If the tweeter is burned, sound distored or not sound at all?
Thanks in advance

welcome blackbeerd.
do you know what changes the did?

Unfortunately, I have no idea. There may be someone on the Audiogon forums that does, if no one here does.

ferusso, my H.E. EMIT diaphragms look the same. I can't say why, although I would not say that there is anything wrong with them - they perform just fine.

Hi, thanks for reply

If this things were new or if I buy some ribbons on partexpress or madisound mm.. I think I would claim... a guarantee or RMAs
Thanks in advance

my tweeters are like this but the midranges are straight. maybe fromt the time but they sound fine.
if a tweeter is burned there is no sound at all.

Hi, thanks for reply

Thanks in advance

The HE Emims-Emits have foam strips on the short ends to keep the panel tight. With time, these strips get softer or disintegrate into dust and have to be replaced. The drivers can still operate ok, but at high levels you might hear distortion. I replaced mine with speaker gasket rubber strips from PE, and foam stick weather strips from Home Depot. I can't tell yet which one will last longer, but all if my panels are tight and straight.

Last edited:
The HE Emims-Emits have foam strips
You said the tragic word: foam
This can be a new term to express thoughts
I have a foam marriage.
I have taken foam measures to solve issues
This product last forever, for a foam life.
:D:D:D
Bastek, you hit the right key.
Also, on the back and up of the ren 80, sorry I can´t find pictures of it, there is a piece of metal plate sorrounded by desintegrating foam. Is this a kind of reflex port type?
The price of a Ren80 here in Argentina (in audio stuff one of the most expensives places in the world) is U$1200.
What do you folks think, buy or not to buy?:D
And Bastek, your advice It's so right, it should be in a sticky post. It's concerns to all Emit and Emin Infinity types.
Some vids of this foam disease:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_biqJTRVQc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beI1OGG0Dss&feature=related
Regards

The HE Emims-Emits have foam strips on the short ends to keep the panel tight. With time, these strips get softer or disintegrate into dust and have to be replaced. The drivers can still operate ok, but at high levels you might hear distortion. I replaced mine with speaker gasket rubber strips from PE, and foam stick weather strips from Home Depot. I can't tell yet which one will last longer, but all if my panels are tight and straight.

Aha - kind of ironic that the foam is going bad on the tweeter and midrange, yet the traditional cones have rubber surrounds that will last far longer...

Speaking of, have you replaced the foam for the rear EMIT absorber? Mine is disintegrating with each touch.

I was given a pair of Renaissance 90s, but there is a problem, behind wood panels used to cover mid driver box are lost . Expect people to help take a picture, show me about material and dimension of wood boards so that I can DIY. Very thanks
Sorry for my english
It's here
Renaissance_90_15_1.jpg

Once again please help :tears:

This looks normal to me. There is supposed to be a foam pad with a metal plate and 4 screws to hold it in place. It is a vent to port the front driver. Unless I'm seeing this incorrect this looks like a factory set up.

What are those amps?

I was given a pair of Renaissance 90s, but there is a problem, behind wood panels used to cover mid driver box are lost . Expect people to help take a picture, show me about material and dimension of wood boards so that I can DIY. Very thanks
Sorry for my english
It's here
Renaissance_90_15_1.jpg

Once again please help :tears:

Off subject, but can anyone identify the tube amps in the photo above?

I need to make new foam for mine and here is the dimensions I am going to use. No photo because the old ones were removed from the speakers when I purchased them. But according to the metal plate dimension and the outline left on the speaker this is what I came up with.

Hope this helps, sorry for the poor quality didn't have time to scan the sketch so I just took a picture of my sketch.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 86
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 78
I need to make new foam for mine and here is the dimensions I am going to use. No photo because the old ones were removed from the speakers when I purchased them. But according to the metal plate dimension and the outline left on the speaker this is what I came up with.

Hope this helps, sorry for the poor quality didn't have time to scan the sketch so I just took a picture of my sketch.

I think it's not only the foam. This detail picture shows many part: plate,damping in a middle, standoff and foam but the foam that you DIY not the same
Deeply ths for your help. :music:
backpanel.jpg

sorry i forget add image

Last edited:
The stand off's are just small tubes 3/4" long that will accomodate the diameter of the scres.

The plate with the holes is the plate size (as previously posted by linnh99992001)
The hole pattern is the same as on the back of your speaker cabinet.

The damping material in mine is just some polyfil. Likely not original.

The foam drawing I sent is that actual shape (or very close). The drawing from infinity shows just a rectangle because you are looking at the back side of it (the large side) and thus you don't see the angles. (at least I think).

That's all I can help with, and don't want to discuss too much off topic in this thread with repair discussion. But I hope this helps.

I know it's not really a big deal or anything, but I was a little sad today to go to the AudioReviews.com website and see that the perfect 5.0 that the Renaissance 90 speakers had (35 reviews) is no more.

Someone gave it a "Quick Rating" of 3/5...

Someone downvoting it trying to boost their favorite into the "#1 Floorstanding Speaker" spot, perhaps? Anyway, "Quick Ratings" don't seem to affect the speaker ranking.

It's not like this matters or anything, but it was kind of one of those neat little things you could say - that the Ren 90 was the highest ranking speaker there... You know what I mean?

ratings mean nothing

I know it's not really a big deal or anything, but I was a little sad today to go to the AudioReviews.com website and see that the perfect 5.0 that the Renaissance 90 speakers had (35 reviews) is no more.

Someone gave it a "Quick Rating" of 3/5...

Someone downvoting it trying to boost their favorite into the "#1 Floorstanding Speaker" spot, perhaps? Anyway, "Quick Ratings" don't seem to affect the speaker ranking.

It's not like this matters or anything, but it was kind of one of those neat little things you could say - that the Ren 90 was the highest ranking speaker there... You know what I mean?
It is how they sound to you.

Back
Top Bottom