1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Western Electric

Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by naturallmyst, May 29, 2018.

1. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

WE333A? WE372A? WE425A? WE426A? Cold cathode thyratrons, afaik.

naturallmyst likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Pioneered

Pioneered Well-Known Member

I'd have to look it up in my phone schematics and those and most everything including my phone collection is in storage. :(

naturallmyst and Pio1980 like this.
  3. Archguy

Archguy Official Roiurama Factory Rep Subscriber

Thanks for this thread and the info. Surprising that the corporate leaders are so generous with their time!

Anyway, I was led here by this AK thread and this PTA post.

Will be interested in seeing how this develops.

naturallmyst likes this.
  4. naturallmyst

naturallmyst AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hi Archguy, I was bowled over by the generosity of time and information from Tim (CTO), Charles (CEO), and really everyone I met at WE. To me it speaks well of the company and it is my guess this will project forward to their products too. If forced to use a single word to describe WE it would be Quality. Charles mentioned that he knew and had spoken with some of the original WE craftspersons. He may have some of them at the Rossville Works, but I’m unsure if that is accurate or not.
    Thanks for those links!

5. naturallmyst

naturallmyst AK Subscriber Subscriber

Well for those still as interested as I in the WE300B news here is some. On my first visit the good folks at WE expected September was the expected start of production so I planned to visit WE again this month. I understand there have been some delays getting the Roseville Works set up, which certainly isn’t surprising to me. This is a complicated factory and as we all know, stuff just happens. Well to appease those of us who are chomping at the bit (can you tell I’m one of them?) Western Electric put a new video up. There are some great pictures, and you’ll get a little view of a grid lathe. If the lathe in the picture isn’t an original production tool I’d be really surprised. At this point it is most likely I won’t be visiting WE until January, assuming production is up and going. Any new info I get I’ll pass on. For those interested here is a video link:

6. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

Dr Bonnar loved Western Electric tube amps. When the El Paso international airport was remodeled in the middle 70's all the tube amps were Western Electric. Though I think Altec built them using WE blue prints. Its just my suspicions.

Please register to disable this ad.