Happy New Year! Figured I'd start a thread on my system Jan. 1st and have some sort of photo diary throughout the year. I should have done this last year as my room underwent a big transformation. Since I didn't I'll post some of those pictures first. Equipment is as follows: 2006 iMac with AIFF files running iTunes and OSX Lion connected via Toslink to: Behringer DEQ2496 applying modest room correction connected via Toslink to: Benchmark DAC1 USB connected via balanced XLR to: Dynaudio BM5A MKII active studio monitors sitting on Auralex MoPads Michael Green's Room Tunes TunePak The TunePak was doing an okay job of controlling some of the slap-echo but the room still sounded too live for my tastes and the bass was boomy. I spent last winter researching room acoustics from both the pro-audio approach and the HiFi approach and decided to attempt some DIY treatments. I decided on building SuperChunk style traps for the front corners and soffit style traps for the wall-ceiling junction around the entire room. First I had to measure. Using REW a Tascam US-144MKII, and a Behringer ECM-8000 I experimented to find the best placement for the listening chair and the speakers. My goal was to get the bass under control. Before: After: I constructed frames using 2x2s and Roxul Safe & Sound (for wood) and installed them after painting the room.