Wharfdale W70

88gibson

Does anybody know what a good pair of Wharfdale W70 speakers are worth? These are early models not d etc. I see prices that are all over the map.

I think a lot depends on where you are and their condition. I sold a pair 4 years ago for about $280 C, but mine were the D model, and I saw a really rough pair for $180. Both sets sounded great! They are too large for shipping, so you need to have a market of vintage collectors or be lucky to get the best price.

My area has a good vintage market though.

I have a set of W70s which are the early version. I bought them really cheap, but that was under unusual circumstances - it was at Kutztown a year or two ago, on a Saturday, and the seller did not want to pack them up and take them back home. So...he looked me up and made me an offer I couldn't refuse - $100. :thumbsup: From what I have read, they are easily worth more than double what I paid for mine. Maybe triple if in exceptionally good condition. Mine aren't bad, they sound fine (not as good as my Bozaks though), but the cabinets do have several scratches and scuffs.

Back
Top Bottom