Wharfedale 200 Diamond vs ELAC Uni-fi

MNSLD2

Hi Guys

I've been looking into speaker upgrade for under 1500 bucks. Mostly floor standing.
I find lots of talking for ELAC and B&W 680s on the forums as one the best speakers for the money.
But not much about Wharfedale Diamond 200 (230, 240 and 250). They all are European brands, with ELAC having some good market in NA.
Has anyone compared Wharfedale 230 or 240 with ELAC Uni-Fi floor standing? Both has pretty similar specs except Wharfedale has 6 inch woofers and ELAC has 5". I know ELAC has concentric tweeter as well at the center of mid range speaker.
Any words on it?

As a long-term Wharfedale user, I'd suggest they are a textbook definition of "the British sound".

If you like a laid back mid, lots of bass, and a slight treble roll off, they are for you. Generally what is described as "warm" and "laid back". These are not immediate grab-you-by-the-scruff-of-the-neck-and-shake-you speakers, but instead make nice, non-fatiguing, long-listening-session speakers.

The ELAC, I have not heard, though I like the design principles.

But of course, your ears, gear, and room are the final judge - at least try to listen to both.

Back
Top Bottom