1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Wharfedale W-70 Vs. BOZAK B-302

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews & Opinions' started by Riki, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Riki

Riki AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have an opportunity to buy a pair of Wharfedale W-70 or BOZAK B-302. The asking price is the same on both of them. So the big questions is, which would you choose? They will be driven by a Marantz 2230, and will be playing blues/reggae/rock primarily.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

00j0j_6SzN0O0SEF8_600x450.jpg

00R0R_9kSQHzB0LvN_600x450.jpg

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Crestwood23

Crestwood23 keep on chooglin' Subscriber

I think the W70’s would be a better match for your 2230. Both are great sounding speakers, but I have found the Bozaks do better with more power. The W70’s with the 2230 won’t do deep reggae bass at loud volumes, but the bass it will do will be tuneful and of high quality. If you do want bigger bass at louder volumes, the Bozaks paired with a more powerful SS amp would be the ticket.

I currently run a pair of W90’s with a small 12wpc Pilot tube amp, and both reggae and rock sound great to me with amazing tone and texture, and a fantastic midrange. Bass is of high quality but won’t blow you out of the room or shake the walls.

7whales7 and Riki like this.
  3. quiet

quiet AK Subscriber Subscriber

Do you have the 302 or the 302A. The a has a metal mid speaker. The 302 does not. Both are a little shy on the top. I have the 302A.
    Also the W70D, not W70. So no advice.