Wharfedale W70 Primer ?

SonofJames

Hello, I have acquired a nice pair of Wharfedale W70's and will be using them with a Scott 299A tube Integrated. I have cleaned them up and freshened up the finish with Howard's Restor. I had some questions ?

- Will it be best to use the W70's with the 8 ohm tap on the Scott ?

- Mine came with optional stands do they generally sound best off the ground ?

- I have though about recapping mine, but then again do not want to loose the origional magic either. Any thoughts ?

- Per the photo and not having a front port anyone want to guess what Rev these are ? They have origional black/red binding posts and switch on the back.

Any other thoughts, advice is greatly appreciated ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello, I have acquired a nice pair of Wharfedale W70's and will be using them with a Scott 299A tube Integrated. I have cleaned them up and freshened up the finish with Howard's Restor. I had some questions ?

- Will it be best to use the W70's with the 8 ohm tap on the Scott ?

- Mine came with optional stands do they generally sound best off the ground ?

- I have though about recapping mine, but then again do not want to loose the origional magic either. Any thoughts ?

- Per the photo and not having a front port anyone want to guess what Rev these are ? They have origional black/red binding posts and switch on the back.

Any other thoughts, advice is greatly appreciated ?

Thank you

Very nice specimens...congrats!

I have my w60’s on speaker stands, here, I think they sound best.

Yes I would go ahead and recap. It is actually very easy even if you have never done so. 40+ year old caps=:thumbsdown:

I have mine running to a SS amp so taps are not an issue...sorry cant help you there!

But highly recommend you find PIO caps where they used them. Gangtwanger highly recommends it.

I had a pair without the feet. The guy who has them now has them raised up, but use your ears. Everyone hears differently.

Back
Top Bottom