What a weekend !!!!

Ms. Grumpy, thanks for your abundance of hard work, and overcoming the obstacles thrown in your way the past couple of months.

I had a great time!

Ken

I've been a vendor/member from year one and every year the fest takes a leap forward.... but I have to say this year was like a large step forward for man kind........the previous venue was really holding us all back. While the display rooms at this place are a bit small I'd say it's a compromise worth it since the place is perfect in every other way.

Awesome job

Huge thanks to all the hard working folks that put this together big and small.

I've said every year before the fest that this one may be the last but after its over I always end up deciding I can not wait until next year. It will shock me if next year we do not completely fill two floors. I say double the vendor rooms and double the members rooms.

What a complete blast.
Craig

Nancy, there's really no way we can ever come close to thanking you Dave, Ernie, Luther, and all the unnamed others for the all they do and sacrifice to make this weekend what it is. Maybe just the smiles, laughter, and general wonderful feelings one has and sees there is a small indication of what a wonderful event you folks have produced.

Thank YOU!!

What he said! :thmbsp::thmbsp:

I can honestly say that without the help of the lovely ladies at the registration desk there would be no show. Not only do they help with that but in so many other aspects of the show it would take a week to list them all

Kuma,

I did meet you and we spoke for a few minutes. Enjoyed that even though some of the conversation was about Tom :)

Grumpy

I want to say thank you to some very special people..

Ernie (luvvinvinyl) - This is one of the finest people that you would ever want to meet (that is why Ernie was a past recipient of the member of the year award). Ernie is an invalueable help to Audiokarma and David. Ernie, your input, ideas and help was huge in making this years AKfest unforgetable....Thank you !

Linda (Ernie's wife)- Linda has been an important part of AKfest for the past 2 years. We ask and Linda steps up. Even with her fear of heights Linda still made sure that she was there to help. Linda, I would never have been able to do this years fest without you knowledge, patience and sweet disposition......Thank you !

JoAnnn (Linda's friend) - JoAnn has also been helping at AKfest for 2 years. When Linda asked her to help again, there was no hesitation. JoAnn you are so funny and you make it an enjoyable experience for all of us at the registration desk......Thank you !

Leann, Matthew and Jeff.....For all of your hard work, before, during and after the fest...Thank you !

For many of the others who volunteered your time, I say Thank you - your time did not go unnoticed and I sincerely appreciated all the help that was given.......

Nancy

Yes indeed, a round of applause for the unsung heroes. Thanks for bringing them out of the shadows and into the spotlight for a little well desreved recognition. :thmbsp:

Kuma,
I did meet you and we spoke for a few minutes. Enjoyed that even though some of the conversation was about Tom :)

Grumpy

Grumpy, I think (like Squidward) you also believe I am a Japanese woman!

There is a very nice lady (whom I had the pleasure of meeting) that also goes by the moniker "KUMA" - but on Audiogon, not AK. We both happened to name ourselves after our dogs.

I am somewhat forgetful, but unless you remember me being a long-haired 44 year-old white guy with glasses and a chipped tooth - I'm not the Kuma you spoke with.

But it's all good, Grumpy. I can't thank you enough - not only for the FEST, but for putting this website together. It's changed what I do in my spare time, and rekindled my love affair with music.

THANK YOU!

I had a great time. I have spent every spare second since I got home from the fest online Googling and learning about all the cool stuff I saw there. What an eye-opener for someone whose gear all came from thrift stores and dad's basement. I only wish I could have attended both days and seen the concert Saturday night.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Showin' 'Em How It's done!

EXCELLENT SHOW!!!!! :banana: :tresbon: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

The show was awesome. Lotsa people really diggin' the music, great conversations. And that was just in the Audio Note room. (A big downside to doing a show alone. Ya never leave yer own frickin' room! ) But it was a blast even from that narrow vantage point!

There were only two flubs that I was aware of and they were both mine:

1) Gotta request gear from the other side of Homeland Security SOONER to get it into the &$^*# country in time.

2) I feel like Kevin Kline in the last scene of A Fish Called Wanda. Drove home in a 13 hour continuous shot in a car without cruise control. Anybody get the license plate on that steamroller? (Remain standing? Hah! Maybe tomorrow. Or the next day.) :boring:

We'll be back next year, with two rooms if my arm-twisting counts for anything.

Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Grumpy and the extraordinarily polite and helpful Grumpy Kids!

Dave

wish I could have attended - but I'm facing an acute cash shortage as we prepare to move to our next house. *sigh* maybe next year.

Back
Top Bottom