What album have you owned the most times in any form?

bbqjoe

Void where prohibited
For myself, I'm going to go with Marshall Tuckers searchin' for a rainbow.

I can't even count how many copies I've had. 8 track, vinyl, cassette, Cd, downloads...

I've bought it so many times, I should own the copyrights. :)

Another DSOTM fan... but never bought it on cassette... several LPs and a few CDs...

Steely Dan's Katy Lied, I still have more than a few copies lol

I've added a couple different pressings and the 8 track since I took this photo last year

IMG_3046.jpeg

Zeppelin 4. Mostly finding a good cover(s) bad album(s), and vise versa. Ended up buying the reissue/remaster.

I lost count of how many LP’s I purchased replacing destroyed, ripped off by ”Friends” etc. Thank God for digital files :biggrin:

B66D954C-0A42-4FD8-9A63-CD8CC17CCFAE.jpeg

if you count my record store...many by dan fogelberg or jackson brown or bread, but personally - styx grand illusion and paradise theater I have had vinyl, cassette and cd...

Not sure which particular ONE that would be, but I`ve owned a number of albums in a bunch of formats, i.e. LP, 8-track, R2R, cassette, etc.

That's easy....The White Album.

When it first came out in America
The Japanese import Blue Box Set.
The imported Mono version
Mobile Fidelity Half Speed Master
The 2009 Stereo Box Set
The 2009 Mono Box Set
An extra copy of the 2009 Mono for easy access.
The 2018 Sets...all of them.
An extra copy of the 2018 copy for easy access.

Then there was a record store when I was in college selling imports for 99 cents...I bought so many spare copies of The White Album and Abbey Road because I kept "burning out" my copies.

Got the CD version when it first came out.
The 2009 Stereo CD Box Set
The 2009 Mono CD Box Set
A few CD Bootleg versions of alternate takes (which are very interesting).

I'm not saying whether or not I have copies, but there were a few digital bootlegs "I heard about" during the "Napster Days".

Never had The White Album on cassette or 8 Track...I had tape decks to make those copies for my car.

I totally related to Tommy Lee Jones in " Men in Black" when confronted with a new kind of digital disc said "Now I have to buy The White Album again."

First LP I bought.
J47176000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Steely Dan's Katy Lied, I still have more than a few copies lol

I've added a couple different pressings and the 8 track since I took this photo last year

View attachment 1407203
Mobile Fidelity put out a "Half Speed Master" version back in the 80's...best version I ever heard. I bought one to play, and an extra that's still in the bag. I did the same for "Abbey Road".
Back then, MOFI really spoiled me.

I own 34 copies of the 1983 Avengers compilation on CD Presents Records (also known as "The Pink Album"). 24 on vinyl, 5 on CD and 5 on cassette.

Allman Brothers Fillmore East. Various versions. I wore out 2 LPs and at least half a dozen CDs. Now I have it in .flac.

Gee, this one has never been asked before
How does one go about posting a thread asking if a question has been posted before without asking the question in that post, you know, just to be sure that a question only ever gets asked once in the entire history of a chat board?

Back
Top Bottom