What Annoying Grammatical or Pronunciation *Error* Did You Come Across Today?

Yeah, great material, but let's not. :p

Why is it that some people feel they have to fully capitalize 'amp'? As in "I need a new AMP" or "the socket is on a 20 AMP circuit"? I can't for the life of me figure out what makes people pick that particular little word to write in all caps. :dunno:

Has anyone else noticed the amount grammatical / spelling errors that are in the news media these days? The good old days are gone forever....

I find it shocking, the amount of basic spelling errors I see in news media. It makes me angry that they don’t at least try to spell correctly when there are spell-checkers to help. Writing the English language is a major part of their job. The reason it makes me angry is that I was badly bullied from the age of four years and nine months old and it really saps one’s concentration! I have no English qualifications of any kind and was in a low class at school. If, by reading books, I can write senteces to at least a basic standard, they should too. I have only had low paying jobs and it gets my dandruff up (he he) to see that they have well paid jobs with such sloppy standards of the English language.

Last edited:
“Expresso” instead of esspresso.
People, even chefs on television, saying “pie - ella” instead of pie - ay - ya. I wonder if they go to Mar- bella on vacation?
And “draw - ring” instead of drawing.

Agreed on the first two. 'Drawring' is a New England accent thing, I think there should be a pass on that one.

"At the end of the program, we'll tell you how you can get a measured drawring for this chest of draws." - Norm Abram

Drawring: one of the few times we pronounce our "ahs". ;)
Agreed on the first two. 'Drawring' is a New England accent thing, I think there should be a pass on that one.

"At the end of the program, we'll tell you how you can get a measured drawring for this chest of draws." - Norm Abram

One of my pet peeves are marketing types ignorant of the definition of words. Last week I received a solicitation from the local utility company for service plans. They offered an Ultimate plan that was bettered by a Gold and Platinum plan?

Obviously, the meaning of "ultimate" escapes them...

What about CD's vs CDs? No apostrophe please.

I really don't like DAC. I use D/A converter but that's just me.

And whatever you do, don't get your DAC mixed up with your DAK. :yikes:

c7ca0c25-37b7-463c-8ee0-231cf2b1b09e_1.90516eceb36c57ab962963c0920e5fcd.jpeg

And whatever you do, don't get your DAC mixed up with your DAK. :yikes:

c7ca0c25-37b7-463c-8ee0-231cf2b1b09e_1.90516eceb36c57ab962963c0920e5fcd.jpeg

or DAP

images-1.jpg

Speaking of DAP, when explaining the current maintenance of my 150 year old home, I alway over emphasize the pronunciation of the word caulk, I almost articulate a death rattle when I say "I use a wet finger to smooth out the Alex big stretch callll-occch." Come to think of it that may not work on the east coast.

Anyway, what are we discussing here?

Last edited:
Hey. You guys betta watch yesselves.

I just went through another annoying HR mandated Harassment & Discrimination training. THEY said that grammatical error policing falls under the category of harassment now.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE !

Hey. You guys betta watch yesselves.

I just went through another annoying HR mandated Harassment & Discrimination training. THEY said that grammatical error policing falls under the category of harassment now.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE !

You should have raised your hand and said "I believe it's HAIRassment." :rflmao:

I have not read this whole thread so if this has been posted...

I hear this one a lot: "I could care less..."
My understanding of this phrase has always been "I couldn't care less..."

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken. Not that I really care, but..:smoke:

Back
Top Bottom