What Are Old White Men Good For?

O gee let’s start threads about race on Ak, what does race have to do with anything the Op is trying to say here? Or really what is he trying to say?

OP was trying to say that in this day and age of rap moguls, half nekkid twerking sirens and computer generated tech music, there's not a huge market or fanbase for old white men. Yet I find the original three I cited, as well as Leonard Cohen as mentioned later, especially wonderful in their recent works. They all seem to write, play and sing with a special sense of where they are in life that comes across as very genuine and beautiful.

Nothing racial about the post at all, since the terms "old white men" or "dead white men" are used freely these days.
You're making a BFD where none exists. Calm thyself.

Here's an indication...I just installed 50 sheets of drywall in one 6 hour day...that's 5 with a 0 next to it. That's right folks, I ain't lyin'. My drywallers are no more as usual. My leger is chock full of lazy ass punks with a line drawn through their name who haven't got a clue what being productive means. If I told them I just did this they'd call me a liar. I'm reduced to being my own grunt. Feels good.

Oh, btw, I have a total hip replacement due to a motor vehicle accident when I was 50.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what I'm good for. I'm good for laying on the couch to keep it from getting away and I'm really good at it. It hasn't been able to move an inch.

I'm good for giving my grandkids hugs too. Unless I'm on the couch holding it down.

From personal experience, they're good at bitching about millennial chicks talking and surfing the web on their phones during an ENTIRE Jason Isbell concert! Hey Dad....next time get a baby sitter! :rflmao:

Good god, say it again!

Screwing things up. (I need new reading glasses)

I was curious about what was written on the sign in the background of your avatar,so I clicked on the pic: My first read was ''Quality Virginity''. WTF?!?!?
I guess you could call that a Freudian fill-in:rflmao:

Here's an indication...I just installed 50 sheets of drywall in one 6 hour day...that's 5 with a 0 next to it. That's right folks, I ain't lyin'. My drywallers are no more as usual. My leger is chock full of lazy ass punks with a line drawn through their name who haven't got a clue what being productive means. If I told them I just did this they'd call me a liar. I'm reduced to being my own grunt. Feels good.

Oh, btw, I have a total hip replacement due to a motor vehicle accident when I was 50.

I feel you with a few of our guys brother!!

Not setting up or adjusting thier digital devices then blaming the devices for not working as expected

I'm only 40 and I already do this. I read the manual, push buttons, unexpected things happen, I scream "WHY WON'T YOU WORK?!?" and then assume it must be broken and stick it in a drawer or closet never to be spoken of again.
I actually get paid to do much the same thing at work though eventually all of the modules do need to work together so the car can go home. Still lots of gnashing of teeth and cursing of engineers.

Entertainment. :)

last_of_the_summer_wine_foggy_compo_truly.jpg

Back
Top Bottom