What are the sonic goals of your better gear system?

Unless you were physically present when the mastering was being done, all you'll be doing is guessing....that's just my take on it.

Secondly, do you have the same gear/listening space as the mastering engineer?

Not knocking it but how do you recreate something you've never heard?

Thanks

Most of the time the mastering engineer is making changes to make it sound better than he heard it. It really never happened the way we hear it, it is the engineer's best presentation of what he has to work with. Sometimes the engineer degrades it, other times he improves it.

Natural, uncolored sound with good separation between the instruments.
I've been using Symposium Roller Blocks, (3 under each speaker and 3 under turntable with Super Platform), for isolation in my system for a while and it has certainly helped with better separation between the instruments and less smearing. I need a few more sets for my tube integrated and cd player.

Last edited:
I want to enjoy the music I like.

I would like for it to have a free, playful and exciting sound. To get those simple goals, a lot of attention to detail, clarity of reproducing the sounds on the recording and bit of pace are required. It can not be a hard sound, just clear as a bell

I want the music to have life.

When I think I might pull something from my system and when I put a record on it stops me in my tracks.

Dumbstruck. Suspension of analytical thought while the music has my emotions by the short hairs and won't let go.

Back
Top Bottom