What are the specs for the stereo beacon light in the 9090DB?

EastPoint

Recycler
Subscriber
Hi folks. I'm pretty sure my 9090DB needs a new stereo light, but I can't find the specs in the manual.

Also, the dial pointer keeps flickering a bit--can I do the light mod on this one to keep it steady?

Before you buy bulbs, measure the DC voltage across the Stereo indicator light. Dial across a strong FM Stereo station. The voltmeter should indicate voltage when stereo is being broadcast. If you see voltage but the bulb is not lit, the bulb is bad. If you don't see voltage when tuning across a stereo broadcast, the tuner needs to be adjusted.

As far as the dial pointer, if it flickers, you need to clean the function switch and check for bad connections.

- Pete

Replace the ST lamp with a LED and be done with it forever. These tuner supplies are usually 12-13.5V, so a red led is about 2.2V and run at 10mA, (12-2.2)/10mA =980 ~1K ohm R in series with the led will do the trick

Careful, the tuner power supply is around 12v but that bulb has a separate 6v supply. Calculate the LED dropping resistor based on correct voltage. It doesn't need to be a red LED. White works just fine. If you want to match the original red color of that light, use a warm white LED. It's a DC power supply so pay attention to the polarity of the LED when you install it.

- Pete

Replace the ST lamp with a LED and be done with it forever.

I'm really ok just slapping another incandescent lamp in there, suffering the increased electricity used and the need to replace the lamp in another 40 years. Really I am.

Replace the ST lamp with a LED and be done with it forever. These tuner supplies are usually 12-13.5V, so a red led is about 2.2V and run at 10mA, (12-2.2)/10mA =980 ~1K ohm R in series with the led will do the trick

I stuck a pre-made bi-pin LED in there and it looks lovely. Lights up just fine. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom