What are you drinking now?

Been available in my area for at least 4 or 5 years. I don't care for it that much -- it's not bad, just too sweet for me.

Sweet? Really? Huh, that's odd because I don't like sweet beers either. I've never tasted sweet in it. Although, I know Foster's is licensed to be brewed by different breweries here in North America. Here in Canada it's brewed under license by the Labatt Brewing Company. Maybe it's a bit different in your area? It certainly isn't the best, but I am always compelled to drink a couple once in a blue moon. I enjoyed the two I had for what they are. I guess I was in the mood for it.

Sweet? Really? Huh, that's odd because I don't like sweet beers either. I've never tasted sweet in it. Although, I know Foster's is licensed to be brewed by different breweries here in North America. Here in Canada it's brewed under license by the Labatt Brewing Company. Maybe it's a bit different in your area? It certainly isn't the best, but I am always compelled to drink a couple once in a blue moon. I enjoyed the two I had for what they are. I guess I was in the mood for it.

Might've been some confusion -- I was talking about Angel's Envy, though maybe not? I can see how what you wrote would apply either way.

My personal favorite bourbon is Willett Pot Still Reserve, with Smooth Ambler being a close second, and Woodford Reserve a solid option as well. Granted I rarely get that far up market -- 1783 is my go to for something reasonable. ;) Funny thing is most reviews call it very sweet... So it's distinctly possible I don't know what I'm talking about.

Might've been some confusion -- I was talking about Angel's Envy, though maybe not? I can see how what you wrote would apply either way.

My personal favorite bourbon is Willett Pot Still Reserve, with Smooth Ambler being a close second, and Woodford Reserve a solid option as well. Granted I rarely get that far up market -- 1783 is my go to for something reasonable. ;) Funny thing is most reviews call it very sweet... So it's distinctly possible I don't know what I'm talking about.

Crap! Sorry! I was confused and for whatever reason I thought you were referencing the Foster's beer I posted about! :rflmao: My mistake! :rolleyes: That all makes sense now.

Me, some of the ones I like at a decent price range are:

Maker's Mark 46.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

W.L. Weller Antique 107 - this comes in several different styles of bottles and labels, but it's really worth finding a bottle of this stuff. It's about the same price as 1783.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280-2.jpeg brbon_wel4.jpg

W.L. Weller 12 Year.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280-3.jpeg

Eagle Rare 10 Year.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280-4.jpeg

Blanton's Original.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280-5.jpeg

The best bourbon I have ever had was Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel Bourbon. The flavour and complexity of it is stunning. It's like a poor man's Pappy Van Winkle. Just great stuff.

1013744_large.jpg

Bought a new Imac 27" Retina and spinning some Santana with some Margaritas to celebrate this beauty!

20180901_172308.jpg

Hah! I had a detached Retina in my left eye in 2014 . . . . Cataract surgery 6 months later and had Cataract surgery in my right eye back in May. :eek:

This Mac helps a lot though. :)

My father has had detached retinas and cataract surgery in both eyes and sees better now than he has in probably his whole life. Now he doesn't even need glasses for driving! Go figure. lol Oh, and he has a 27" Retina display too. ;)

Cheers. :)

Back
Top Bottom