What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Was looking up some JBL gear on eBay.. Always in the market for some Decade 16's, or 4301B's. Found a set of L40's... $850... Really? Just had to laugh a little.

When did eBay become the set standard for audio gear... I realize its not the site itself, its the folks who post on the site. I know it well as I worked for the company for years. I get shipping, and the fees, but really. Is it that bad now that a set of L40's are going for almost a grand. For that kind of money, I can find many other JBL sets I want.

Dying to get home, I think I have a few LP's waiting at my door for me. :) And I'm really hoping my standoffs arrived for the Linn table. Once I have the standoffs I can mount the new board and get it going. Its the last thing I'm waiting for. All the techflex and wire management hardware has arrived, I have the sound dampening material. Have been reading up on it, kinda excited to give it a try. If I get the stand offs in today, I will start the work on the Linn... If not, I may just use some of the dampening material on the Pioneer PL 12D, I know the table well enough that if It improves the sound, I will know. I really want to work on some audio today, we have been so buys the past few days I've not had much time to get any work done. Hope I can today... Anyway.... still catching up on all the posts. :)

The Violent Femmes ^^

Anyone remember them?
Of course, they bring back memories of many a drunken spree at the Fraternity House I joined. This record was in constant play there.:D

As for Ebay, I hear that they call it "Fleece-bay" because of the outrageous prices sellers get away with there, especially for audio gear. It is better for other things, for example, I once snagged a 6 cd lot of Diana Krall for only $14 plus $3 for shipping. Heck of a bargain!

Of course, they bring back memories of many a drunken spree at the Fraternity House I joined. This record was in constant play there.:D

As for Ebay, I hear that they call it "Fleece-bay" because of the outrageous prices sellers get away with there, especially for audio gear. It is better for other things, for example, I once snagged a 6 cd lot of Diana Krall for only $14 plus $3 for shipping. Heck of a bargain!
I've had mostly good experiences....Just have to be careful to not overpay.

i agree, but on the up side, they have to give a 6 month warranty i believe. so if you find a ok deal it comes with something. ( i think that is correct, always a possibility i am in-correct )

Back
Top Bottom