What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Folks! Lets stay on point with the topic of the thread. While I know that this has kinda become a community of AKers. The content sometimes stretches the boundaries on many occasions and crosses the line that accepts we do have some female members. You have lost several long time members posting in this thread because it is all over the place and often in places not admired by other members. Please try to limit it to music and what you are listening to and enjoy your friendships, just not at the expense of others. The meandering off topic has caused me to not post as much as previously as well.
Maintain speed and heading, but stay the proper course,
Jim

My father was an Aviation Electrician Chief (AEC) at NAS Miramar (San Diego) back in the 70's. We had a bumper sticker on our car that said..."Jet noise, the sound of freedom."
The sound of an F14 taking off was crazy loud.

It's awesome! I miss it a lot. One day I hope to return or find a small town to move to. The city is fun but living here has is down side... parking your car for one... lol I don't need to get started. Haha :)

Folks! Lets stay on point with the topic of the thread. While I know that this has kinda become a community of AKers. The content sometimes stretches the boundaries on many occasions and crosses the line that accepts we do have some female members. You have lost several long time members posting in this thread because it is all over the place and often in places not admired by other members. Please try to limit it to music and what you are listening to and enjoy your friendships, just not at the expense of others. The meandering off topic has caused me to not post as much as previously as well.
Maintain speed and heading, but stay the proper course,
Jim
Hi Jim,

This thread had a life of its' own, with much, much positive interaction and friendships. If it's because the content does not match the thread discription and that is a problem, then maybe we should consider changing the name to: current name + everything else. The people that have left here went to a similar thread with nearly 0 interaction.

Thoughts anyone?

Chris

Just my 2 cents....This thread has a group pf individuals who not only care about what they are listening to....but why and on what and how they got there and how their significant others think of it, along with their pets take on the Beach Boys. I have a hard time believing that this ONE THREAD has so many people up in arms. I may be wrong.....it wont be the first time.

That is bitchen! Those are great woofers, the same as used in my S6WA's I had back in the day and hopefully the 7's if I get them.
Yes, great woofers. I got 4 on closeout when Speakerlab closed their Salt Lake store. Salt Lake was a hot spot for DIY speakers for a time. I think it was the only town outside of Washington state where they had a retail outlet.

The others I picked up here and there much more recently. I switched them on for the Loreena McKennitt I just posted, was not expecting such solid bass from this CD.

Hi Jim,

This thread had a life of its' own, with much, much positive interaction and friendships. If it's because the content does not match the thread discription and that is a problem, then maybe we should consider changing the name to: current name + everything else. The people that have left here went to a similar thread with nearly 0 interaction.

Thoughts anyone?

Chris
I come here for to see what y'all listen to and anything tangentially related to music or audio gear.
And that's alot to cover. I don;t FB, twitter or any other social media. I just come here because all these guys and gals share something in common:
We are all Audioholics to varying degrees.

Back
Top Bottom