What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I bet those are S1s. They beat all comers in Consumer Reports long ago. I used a pair of those W808R woofers in a DIY project once. I have a pair of W804Rs (4- ohm version) waiting for my attention.

I also have 2 subs each running 4 of the W1208R woofers used in the 6 and 7 posted about today. (I went nuts with this, will never use the capacity, but low excursion is good.) About 12 cu ft per side. They need finish work.

View attachment 1194224

very cool. i like projects like that. neat....

Just my 2 cents....This thread has a group pf individuals who not only care about what they are listening to....but why and on what and how they got there and how their significant others think of it, along with their pets take on the Beach Boys. I have a hard time believing that this ONE THREAD has so many people up in arms. I may be wrong.....it wont be the first time.

It's a few random members, I have a feeling it all started back when a new member posted a pix of a Lamp. (Yet no one wants address it).

Kinda sad actually that a few folks would get that worked up over a lamp. I have a strong feeling it runs deeper than that, but that's what caused the other thread to start. what's annoying is not that we lost a few long time members but new ones. Older members know the game, someone did not like that a new member was posting a picture of HER lamp. I liked it, and continued the conv, and so did a few others. After that the shit hit the fan... she was a hip lady too, was totally digging the shade. ;)

I say agin, if someone has an issue, don't partake, but dont bitch about it.

I could be way off... funny how a new thread was started around the same time.

Ok that probably just got me banded.. lol

Well, I like it here, all the fine ladies and Gentleman we share our passion for music, the artists, the equipment and for all the friends we have made here! Listened to this on the way home,

R-1384083-1214983579.jpeg.jpg

It's a few random members, I have a feeling it all started back when a new member posted a pix of a Lamp. (Yet no one wants address it).

Kinda sad actually that a few folks would get that worked up over a lamp. I have a strong feeling it runs deeper than that, but that's what caused the other thread to start. what's annoying is not that we lost a few long time members but new ones. Older members know the game, someone did not like that a new member was posting a picture of HER lamp. I liked it, and continued the conv, and so did a few others. After that the shit hit the fan... she was a hip lady too, was totally digging the shade. ;)

I say agin, if someone has an issue, don't partake, but dont bitch about it.

I could be way off... funny how a new thread was started around the same time.

Ok that probably just got me banded.. lol
I remember the lamp lady. That was cool. She thought there was plutonium in it but then I informed her it was Radeon. LOL :) Wondered what happened to her.

Thank's Frank, I always see members doing nice things for other members, I'm just glad I could try to do the same. I hope you find some good tunes you can enjoy.
:beerchug:
Thank you my friend.
Just that first disc alone had a bunch of great stuff on it. Probably 75% was really good, and I'm pretty picky so thats saying a lot. Really looking forward to exploring more of the discs.

Currently watching the Capitals in game 7 of the NHL Playoffs...up 3-0!!!

Hi Jim,

This thread had a life of its' own, with much, much positive interaction and friendships. If it's because the content does not match the thread discription and that is a problem, then maybe we should consider changing the name to: current name + everything else. The people that have left here went to a similar thread with nearly 0 interaction.

Thoughts anyone?

Chris

AFAIK it is not a good idea to rename a thread due to the way forum software deals with permalinks. Changing the name destroys links.

My thought is that it would be far better to start a new thread in the Off Topic area for chit chat, restore this one to the state it was in a few months ago, with interaction based on the music being played and take part in the other, non-interactive threads for posting music selections.

Taking part in 3 or 4 threads is not such a huge chore, and could make all of them more user friendly. The cameraderie here is great, but could also be seen as an exclusive club. If long standing posters are leaving, it doesn’t look good for attracting new contributors.

Back
Top Bottom