What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

After careful consideration some final thoughts:
1.The complaints have been ongoing, some trivial and some warranted
2. I have suggested that individuals just avoid the thread if they find offensive content
3. It concerns me that members consider my post an attack on the thread, which was not my intent.
4. This is more than just a thread which is a good thing
5. Just because someone disagrees with the threads content is not justification for a us verses them stance, as this is a thread that should be open to all who care to join your thread (community)
6. Nothing has changed, other than my asking you folks to abide by the content rules that govern all threads on AK
7. I have added "and more" to the title of the thread. If there is a another preference let me know, if you follow the thread you may need to re-follow the new title
Enjoy the Thread (community), and maintain speed and heading my friends,
Jim

2. I have suggested that individuals just avoid the thread if they find offensive content
3. It concerns me that members consider my post an attack on the thread, which was not my intent.
5. Just because someone disagrees with the threads content is not justification for a us verses them stance, as this is a thread that should be open to all who care to join your thread (community)
6. Nothing has changed, other than my asking you folks to abide by the content rules that govern all threads on AK
7. I have added "and more" to the title of the thread. If there is a another preference let me know, if you follow the thread you may need to re-follow the new title
Jim
Thanks Jim , you are a Great Man because you are a man of Peace and Harmony.. A person hard to find :)

AFAIK it is not a good idea to rename a thread due to the way forum software deals with permalinks. Changing the name destroys links.

My thought is that it would be far better to start a new thread in the Off Topic area for chit chat, restore this one to the state it was in a few months ago, with interaction based on the music being played and take part in the other, non-interactive threads for posting music selections.

Taking part in 3 or 4 threads is not such a huge chore, and could make all of them more user friendly. The cameraderie here is great, but could also be seen as an exclusive club. If long standing posters are leaving, it doesn’t look good for attracting new contributors.
Hear, hear.
I have been having the same thoughts that @ehoove expressed and agree with your assessment of the situation. @OnTheBlitz, no one is talking about having no interaction. The point is how far afield of the subject we sometimes get. And try as I might, I can be just as guilty of this as anyone.
To everyone:
It is fine, the way we get into tangential discussions based on what someone has posted about gear/music/bands/tech, etc. And we do tend to share our opinions about such things, sometimes extensively. And we sometimes even get to ribbing each other about things because we ARE friends and feel comfortable with each other. And that's ok too.
I think we get off the track when we start posting things which has no real connection to the subject and is intended to tittilate our baser senses or takes us places the thread was never intended to go.
One of our long-time members who doesn't show up much anymore said that he could no longer justify being a part of this because if the pace and that he just could not keep up. Valid reason to a point, in my mind. And I, for one, miss his interaction.
My point: couldn't we keep a little more on track and leave the truly unrelated things unposted? I have, in the past, made my feelings known about certain things that started showing up. I haven't changed my mind.

Jim
Nailed it!
BTW- The thread link stayed the same for me. And the watch setting didn't change.

Last edited:
Jim

Thanks Jim.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Thank you! This is a wonderful place with great members :) The name change covers it. I will do my part to refrain from posting some of the "border-line, hormone driven stuff" (Girls with guitars pics, LOL) I've been guilty of. It would be nice if the other gender would participate, I see very, very few on AK as a whole. Guessing the ratio is like 1000:1 or 10,000:1 or maybe even higher..

Cheers and thank you for making AK a great place. You are and all the mods, staff are very much appreciated.

Chris

Hi Jim,

Thank you! This is a wonderful place with great members :) The name change covers it. I will do my part to refrain from posting some of the "border-line, hormone driven stuff" (Girls with guitars pics, LOL) I've been guilty of. It would be nice if the other gender would participate, I see very, very few on AK as a whole. Guessing the ratio is like 1000:1 or 10,000:1 or maybe even higher..

Cheers and thank you for making AK a great place. You are and all the mods, staff are very much appreciated.

Chris
^^^^^
This!

NFS, not directed at you, just using your last post about this as a reference
Yes, I agree with the following :

No vulgarity - Usually not an issue here
No bashing - Not an issue here
Be more careful about posting risque content - I'll do my part to change this
No politics - not a problem here
No solicitation - not a problem here
Did I miss anything? Other then #3 from the top down, which is debatable, what exactly is the problem with this thread?
It outgrew the name?

I personally have no problem. I'm good!

Back
Top Bottom