What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

6deca3184edd7a605fd5ce75a030d0f0.jpg

I was wondering why the other thread was started . Silly really . I treat this thread as a lounge to pop in and discuss music . Sometimes life is discussed too . That's not a bad thing .

Good morning all,

Lots of people have probably noticed I have not been posting as much. Much of that reason is a new female interest. However I spend far less time on this thread when I am online because I grew tired of sorting through the chit-chat. Nothing personal to pet lovers but I am not interested if your cat has fleas (just using this as a for instance). An effort to make things more music related would have me spending more time here.

Regards,
Dan
Congrats!

After careful consideration some final thoughts:
1.The complaints have been ongoing, some trivial and some warranted
2. I have suggested that individuals just avoid the thread if they find offensive content
3. It concerns me that members consider my post an attack on the thread, which was not my intent.
4. This is more than just a thread which is a good thing
5. Just because someone disagrees with the threads content is not justification for a us verses them stance, as this is a thread that should be open to all who care to join your thread (community)
6. Nothing has changed, other than my asking you folks to abide by the content rules that govern all threads on AK
7. I have added "and more" to the title of the thread. If there is a another preference let me know, if you follow the thread you may need to re-follow the new title
Enjoy the Thread (community), and maintain speed and heading my friends,
Jim
Thank you, sir. We're very fortunate to have you as the moderator of this thread.
Your thoughts and consideration are to be commended.

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Lots of people have probably noticed I have not been posting as much. Much of that reason is a new female interest. However I spend far less time on this thread when I am online because I grew tired of sorting through the chit-chat. Nothing personal to pet lovers but I am not interested if your cat has fleas (just using this as a for instance). An effort to make things more music related would have me spending more time here.

Regards,
Dan
Hi Dan,

Please come more often. If there is something that does not interest me, I just scroll past it, takes about 100ms per post. Congrats on your new "interest" :thumbsup::hug:

Chris

New music from the band 3 .

This is a very interesting find, Zebra. If I read the articles correctly that you posted over on the ELP thread, it's actually only one member of the band 3 performing, that being vocalist/bassist/guitarist Robert Berry. On this album he's also doing the keyboards and the drumming.
Berry and Emerson had been going through the preliminary stages of making a new 3 album in the period before Emerson's suicide. Keith wrote music and discussed his vision for what the album should sound like, but Beryy took these ideas and music and finished the project on his own, always with the thought" How would Keith do this, what would Keith do now?"

He pulled it off perfectly. I would have bet my last dollar that Keith was manning the keyboards on this song. It has all the trademarks and flourishes of an '80's Emerson performance. The drumming is excellent as well. Somewhat Spartan by Palmer's standards, but in all honesty I've felt that Palmer's work in Asia and 3 always was rather streamlined compared to the glory days of ELP.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the album and I hope it get's a vinyl release to go along with their debut album.
018.jpg

I never had a problem with @C Land's lamps. Don't actually think it had anything to do with the splintering of the group. and the creation of the new thread. I could be wrong though. I usually am.
If her picture of her lamps caused it to happen than good, it needed to happen.

I could be wrong, I'm just stating that back when that happened, was when the thread split. Just timing that's all. I 100% agree with you ^^.

I don't think most of us had a problem with it, but there were a few comments made about it. Someone posted "what's whit the lamp" or something of that nature. Clearly making a statement about it not being audio. I remember because many of us have posted about our lava lamps. I did not think it was to far out, and I enjoyed the picture.

I think what you said yesterday was spot on, while we do get a little sideways every so often, we always revert back to audio talk in one way or another.

Ok, that's enough from me on the topic, I tired to stay out of it at the start, and decided address it with @Crazy Gnome . He was kind enough to take the time to respond back. We are good.

I do check out the other thread every few days. We have friends in the that thread too!

The fact of the matter is we will never make everyone happy, I don't think we get to out of hand... If I'm wrong than we should correct the "wrong doing" and get back to our talks. This is the largest thread on the site for a good reason, its got good people, good info, and for music lovers has expanded our listening experience for the better.

Kind Regards,
John

Back
Top Bottom