What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Back to this. The discs arrived yesterday, two together in a cheap $.99 bubble mailer. They were hammered, but i compounded them with two grits and am now trying them out. I’d rather this than having to repack them, print a label, and go to the post office to send them in order to get a refund. Oh I had to re-case both of them too.
View attachment 1211727
refund aint worth the hassle

Gave it an honest listen. Hate it. I just don't like hip hop canned drums and foul mouthed lyrics. The singers could be something of they had something to work with. As always, jmho,ymmv.

Well at least you gave it a go. :) Its quite mild for "foul mouthed" I think it uses the word "butt". The song is/was actually quite popular. I was actually surprised when you said you did not know of them. Different generations ;).

I'm with ya on the canned drums, not my thing either. But I do like the song.

If you think they are foul mouthed you should check out Peaches. LOL actually don't, if you think BBD is to much, Peaches may be a little harsh for you liking.

Good to know you give it a go, no matter if you liked it or not, you took to time to listen to know you don't like it. Nice!

Kind Regards,
John

Considering downsizing speakers. Might post the JBL C-101 marble top Dorians on the Bay for $10,000.
Why not? Everyone else seems to be gouging may as well get in on the act.
$20,000 on the Japanese market. We all know how the Japanese are gaga oer old JBL's/
"Everyone's got to make a living. Some people try to do it all at once"
- Grandpa

This is why I keep my day job LOL Gotta make a living. :)

The funny thing is that last set of L-110's I let go of, went to a guy who buys in bulk, sends one shipping container to Việt Nam for the restoration work, then they are sold off in the Japan market. Did not realize he was doing so until another AK member schooled me on what he was doing. He knew the guy personally, and had the same done to some of his gear. I thought I was giving someone a good deal... Nope, he was making money off me.

Do I care, Not in the least. Good for him. He is making his money. He is also not a thrift store, I can understand. Now when I go to a thrift store like the GW or SA, I don't expect to see gear for the same prices as eBay. I could have stayed home and had this crap shipped to me for that price. I'm all for making money in the hobby. I'm not for thrift stores thinking they are eBay. eBay prices are what they are due to "seller fees, shipping, and what ever other reason someone thinks there gear holds value". Thrift stores should not be pricing gear as if they were eBay. They are not. No shipping, no sellers fees, no paypal fees. Just some asshole who has a cell phone and sees a price on eBay.

If they sold the same Sansui amp on eBay or there website it would be a different story. Just my thoughts... :)

It is a hospital benefit thrift with the $$ going to the local hospital and mostly older retired nurses and auxilliary women running the place.
A few years back, when the women were pricing things, there were great deals because they didn;t know.
The last year or 2 though, there are a couple of dudes who work in the back taking in donations and I believe they have this idea as "conneseurs of fine audio", whatever they aren;t taking home, they are putting these stiff prices on things.
2 years ago I spent $75 on a Shure V-15 Mk II because I had never heard one. Then I had to spend another $50 on a new needle.
It's ok, probably not the MkIII everyone says is better and I thin I paid too much even then.
Anyway, every now and then something obscurr comes through and its value slips by the guys in back.
In the case of Sansui, the name says it all. Of course it's going to get top price.
A Nikko piece comes through and you might get a deal.

Well if it is going to a good cause, then more power to them. Hope they get it. But lets face it, you are not shopping there because you want to do a good thing, you are looking for a "Score/find" for audio gear. Them being a charity is just a plus. I would bet you hunt the GW as well. They are not a charity, (though most think they are) and I'm sure you gladly would pay them just as you would this place. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is. :)

Well at least you gave it a go. :) Its quite mild for "foul mouthed" I think it uses the word "butt". The song is/was actually quite popular. I was actually surprised when you said you did not know of them. Different generations ;).

I'm with ya on the canned drums, not my thing either. But I do like the song.

If you think they are foul mouthed you should check out Peaches. LOL actually don't, if you think BBD is to much, Peaches may be a little harsh for you liking.

Good to know you give it a go, no matter if you liked it or not, you took to time to listen to know you don't like it. Nice!

Kind Regards,
John
I thought I heard a bit more than just 'butt'. But, be that as it may, it really boils down to my preference for organic (meaning made by hand with instruments) music. Yes I like electronic stuff, but the musicians involved must be top notch. King Crimson comes to mind among others. The whole hip-hop thing (and I use the term broadly) just rubs me the wrong way. I have listened to some rap, both secular and Christian, and I don't like that either. It is what it is, it just isn't a genre we share a like for. I know there are others we do.

Back
Top Bottom