What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Yesterday I downloaded Foobar 2000. Wow what a learning curve. I bought JRiver at least 10 years ago. Got a free upgrade and finally paid for an upgrade when enough improvements to the video side convinced me. I use JRiver to act as a pvr(using a usb tv tuner) also. Last night I took some pics of JRiver doing stuff. I thought I might share. I'll thumb nail them to make it easier to ignore:) The first is showing "Recent Albums", the others are visualizations. There are a lot of visualizations to choose from.If any one has something they would like to see(JRiver) let me know.
IMG_0001 (3).JPG IMG_0002 (2).JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0003 (2).JPG IMG_0001 (4).JPG Sadly no VU meters:(

If you like those two, you need to check out Hejira.
Side note on the first recording using Joni's "Blue". One must live and learn. I had to record it over a second time, why? When I was listening to the recording after the fact, I heard several "drop outs". I realized it was not due to inferior tape. Instead it was inferior user issues. I did not turn the iphone's ringer to "mute" . Therefore, every audiokarma e-mail "dinged in" and interrupted the recording. That one won't happen again.

yv9t9zgrcrtq.jpeg

R.E.M. • Automatic For The People

Ah, just re-read your original post re: Joni. Yeah, if you're going off YouTube, then my advice won't help you, but also, unfortunately, you will have no guarantee that there will not be a glitch or interruption in your recording. It is in the nature of streaming/Internet/WiFi/Bluetooth, etc. Which is why regardless of "oh wow" technical innovations, you will generally not see those things used much in professional applications. Too much possibility for random issues. At least when using a phone or computer rather than a dedicated music server.

GJ
LOL I agree, the recording went well after turning the "mute" on as that stopped the e-mail / text notifications. I found that a guitar stand without a guitar works as a wonderful padded mount for the i-phone (that top "horseshoe" part of the stand snugly holds with iphone in the rubber padding. I have it right next to the TEAC and don't use the phone nor move it around when recording. That seems to avoid any loss of signal or interruptions from ruining the recording. The recording came out excellent once I planted the iphone as stated.

Back
Top Bottom