What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

although it seems odd today - 40 short years ago - back in the mountains of appalachia, "cruisin' and boozin'" was the stuff of friday and saturday nights. once we were done cruising town and picking up riders, the 20-30 year old cars, equipped with tape players - and often cheap house speakers on long wires - would cruise the back roads and (for those with trucks) the state forest lands, driving out to big clearings and stargazing or having bonfires while imbibing well into the early hours of the morning. strange as it may seem, i do not recall any of us crashing, maiming or killing back then - and yes, i did my share of it. we left no messes, didn't act like jerks, and bagged it in the back of the truck or had someone else police us up when we'd had too much. it wasn't unusual to have someone make the trash run with a bag of empties in the trunk or backs of the trucks. in contrast, those that encountered the problems were out on the highway and acting like asses. mind you i don't condone it today, but it was a different time, different place.
Was a different time. We learned to drink and learned to drive at the same time. Everybody did it. It was stupid but there seems to be worse wrecks now because the idiots who go crazy on booze or who can't handle it are out there still doing it.

I'm sitting here wondering how long I have had my Yamaha A-S500. Bought from amazon so I went to there site and searched orders. Coming up on 5 years.
July 15, 2013. I think it deserves a trip to the garage to blow out any dust it has accumulated. What a pain that will be!! It's been good to me. I should return the favor. Any opinions?:)
Don't get too close with that leaf blower.

Was a different time. We learned to drink and learned to drive at the same time. Everybody did it. It was stupid but there seems to be worse wrecks now because the idiots who go crazy on booze or who can't handle it are out there still doing it.
Population of the U.S. in 1970=205 million......Pop. of U.S. in 2018=326 million. Lots more drinkers ,Lots more Cars=?
Canada most likely the same

Off topic:

Last night I watched Guillermo Del Toro's film THE SHAPE OF WATER. I was so mesmerized by this movie I don't believe I even blinked. A complete masterpiece with excellent performances by all involved. Imho, Richard Jenkins and Michael Shannon are two of today's finest actors. My highest recommendation. It certainly deserved the AA for best picture of 2017. This is Del Toro's 2nd masterpiece, the other being PAN'S LABYRINTH.
Is there a soundtrack that contributes to your enthusiasm?

Population of the U.S. in 1970=205 million......Pop. of U.S. in 2018=326 million. Lots more drinkers ,Lots more Cars=?
Canada most likely the same
True but the roads and cars are a lot better 40 years on. I don't know anyone who does it any more yet there are probably just as many hardcore drinking and driving and opiate abusers out there on the roads now as there ever were. One of the best things of living in the city is I'm not out there driving at night when they are

2noqo31d1v86.jpeg

R.E.M. • Reveal

Back
Top Bottom