What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Someone?
That someone would be me. Never seen anyone post that band besides me. If you have product, post it up my friend. :thumbsup:
And yes, you are right. The answer was right there in the names.
The album is Holocaust Live: Hot Curry & Wine
https://www.discogs.com/Holocaust-Live-Hot-Curry-Wine/master/382840
024.jpg
I don’t have it but a friend of mine in England used to play it constantly in the 80’s after we returned from the pub so I am very familiar with that album:D

Let us all know how the recording went after the 20 year hiatus! I am also curious how your deck did. Did you pull it out of storage and just go with it? Have you had to get it serviced in any way, etc etc ......

I'm very impressed with the recording. Nothing wrong with record head. Tweaked the line in levels just right before beginning, finding a high point in the recording. Awesome!!! High Bias selected. CrO2 selected. I never owned a cassette deck where I could select the Bias. Or, maybe I just didn't bother with it because I didn't know what's Bias.

Listening to the recording now. It sounds as fresh and clean as the record. Not only is the deck forty years old but the tape is at least twenty years old. Maybe twenty-five. I picked up this deck some three years ago "up north" in Wausau, WI. When I first tried it, I don't know, I believed something was amiss. I just don't remember. I can say it probably had something to do with my infernal laziness to not dig deeper into it. But all these years sitting in a dark, damp basement, with periodic river flooding, must have loosened it up a bit. It really is quite impressive for a forty year old mid-fi Technics deck. Technics just builds good stuff, don't it.

MIC

Been off the grid a few weeks as my little Brother has been in town on vacaion.
And what an awesome time we had. Saw 2 concerts (Kenny Chesney and Pittbull),
Innumerable nights of beer and wine, 3 days calling in sick to work, days on the lake,
Movies and ballgames and laughs and an overall swell time...
Sadly, he ha to go back to work today so its back to the grind...
Come home today to see a fresh Benjamin sitting next to the album I'm listening to now
as they are playing here Aug. 31, he knows I'm rather "low income" and would go too if he could.
View attachment 1239561
And the genuine Infinity OEM poly (fresh refoamed) woofs arrived to finally legitimize the RS6b's. Tonights project.
View attachment 1239563
And finally, have seen numerous references here to quality tape and I'm sitting on a handful here knowing I'll never use them.
Wondering if y'all think there's be interest over on BT for these things? Just looking to downsize some old stock.
View attachment 1239566
Well it's good to be back on AK again, but I'm sad my little Brother had to split :-(
Hey Bob,

Good to see you back. Glad you had a good time with your brother.

I'm very impressed with the recording. Nothing wrong with record head. Tweaked the line in levels just right before beginning, finding a high point in the recording. Awesome!!! High Bias selected. CrO2 selected. I never owned a cassette deck where I could select the Bias. Or, maybe I just didn't bother with it because I didn't know what's Bias.

Listening to the recording now. Not only is the deck forty years old but the tape is at least twenty years old. Maybe twenty-five. I picked up this deck some three years ago "up north" in Wausau, WI. When I first tried it, I don't know, I believed something was amiss. I just don't remember. I can say it probably had something to do with my infernal laziness to not dig deeper into it. But all these years sitting in a dark, damp basement, with periodic river flooding, must have loosened it up a bit. It really is quite impressive for a forty year old mid-fi Technics deck. Technics just builds good stuff, don't it Del.

MIC
Sweet! Sounds like a fun time. I agree, Technics is solid equipment. I always like it.

Ok, caught ya LOL If you listened to that LP after "returns from the pub" and you are "very familiar" with the LP, well, just how many times did you frequent that awesome pub? LOL I dig it!
Stairways in Birkenhead. A great heavy metal club. So much fun and the record store Skeleton Records located ,on the ground floor had obscure punk and heavy metal stuff from that time that we would kill for now

I don’t have it but a friend of mine in England used to play it constantly in the 80’s after we returned from the pub so I am very familiar with that album:D
I think Holocaust is a band who had very little sales impact on this side of the big drink. I was lucky to have a record buyer who made regular trips to England and Europe and would bring back suitcases full of sealed albums, and sold them at a fair price.
011.jpg

Listening to the recording now. It sounds as fresh and clean as the record. Not only is the deck forty years old but the tape is at least twenty years old. Maybe twenty-five. I picked up this deck some three years ago "up north" in Wausau, WI. When I first tried it, I don't know, I believed something was amiss. I just don't remember. I can say it probably had something to do with my infernal laziness to not dig deeper into it. But all these years sitting in a dark, damp basement, with periodic river flooding, must have loosened it up a bit. It really is quite impressive for a forty year old mid-fi Technics deck. Technics just builds good stuff, don't it.

MIC
Technics just builds good stuff, don't it.
Most anything I see labelled Technics gets my respect, if even for the build quality alone.

Previous post stated the rain downfall in the mountains of Virginia. It is approaching midnight on the east coast. Think I'll go open some windows now and hit the hay. God Willing, I'll be up and about tomorrow doing chores while engaging in some more spins. I look forward to my Reel Tape Recording of Bach Organ Works tomorrow! Here is a generic pic of the rains in the Virginia Mountains..... because
:needpics:

I think Holocaust is a band who had very little sales impact on this side of the big drink. I was lucky to have a record buyer who made regular trips to England and Europe and would bring back suitcases full of sealed albums, and sold them at a fair price.
011.jpg
Unfortunately back in those days I travelled with a soft duffel bag otherwise I would have brought more stuff back but no way it would have made it intact. Still there are a few vinyl 45 EP’s that survived the journeys more because of the softer UK album covers which allowed some bending

Back
Top Bottom