What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The loudest concert for me was ZZ Top Afterburner Tour. It was loud but the sound quality was fantastic. They must have had some crew rigging their gear.
My loudest was GTR in the large 80's/early 90's at a small venue called the Bronco Bowl in Dallas. They had been playing huge venues and used the same setup. It was just painful. A lot of people actually had to leave because of the volume. Our ears rang for 4DAYS!!! To this day I think it cause a little permanent damage.

I was very young, and we had an eight-track in the family car - I wasn't old enough to drive yet. Visited a cousin who had Time Peace and I sat in the car and listened to it for a couple hours. When my cousin saw how much I liked it, he gave it to me. I was surprised and delighted, and, as here, it always makes me think of him - he was only a year older than I, and neither of us got our hands on much money. He'd only had the tape a few days himself. Very generous.

It really doesn't get any better than this. I have almost no idea what came along after about 1980 as far as gear. I therefore wouldn't know whats good. I alas am forced to hunt for what I sounded good to me back in the late 60s And 70s
I must say I have done well. I have been pretty quiet so far so I was due my moment....I hope all your systems are even 1/4 as satisfying as mine is. If it is... your on top of the word. :banana: Live music"s best. But this is the next best thing :)

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left "

Back
Top Bottom